Canon EOS 6D Mark II Talk [CR1]
By| September 9, 2015
Specification lists this detailed about a camera a few months away are rarely accurate, but we’re posting it for the purpose of discussion. These specifications come from an unknown source.
What’s most interesting is the mention of the camera coming with a version of Android which will replace the DRYOS system developed by Canon that is on the current EOS 6D. What advantages that could have, I’ll let the software techs out there comment in the forum.
I will note that this source said they’d be replacing VXWorks with Android, but Canon switched to DRYOS from VXWorks quite a while ago.
Canon EOS 6D Mark II Rumored Specifications:
- 24mp Full Frame CMOS
- 1.5 stops better at higher ISO
- Low-light autofocus (centre point) at -5 EV
- Two AF systems are currently being tested or the EOS 6D Mark II and which was chosen is unknown at this time. There will be more AF points than the current camera.
- WiFi with NFC and GPS
- Wireless battery charging with the Qi standard
- Internally Canon switches from VxWorks (Could have meant DRYOS) to an Android-based embedded OS, 6D Mark II will be the first Android-based camera from Canon.
- Dual-pixel autofocus technology
- Swivel LCD
- Will ship in a new box design in gold colour.
Again, this is a CR1 rumor and we’re posting it more for the interesting discussion that could come from the potential software changes that are reported here. This comes from a completely unknown source, but it’s plausible enough to not be CR0.
It looks like the source of these specifications is from a thread on DPReview.