Feature Upgrade for the EOS-1D C Available
By| May 29, 2013
25p 4K Recording
Canon has officially released feature upgrade for the EOS-1D C that will allow recording in 25p at 4K resolution. This upgrade is not available via download.
From Canon Europe
Canon has announced that a feature upgrade for the groundbreaking EOS-1D C DSLR, that includes the addition of support for 25p recording at the camera’s maximum 4K resolution, is now available from Canon’s authorised service facilities in Europe. See below for more details of the feature upgrade…
The new EOS-1D C feature upgrade makes a number of new features available in the camera:
- Provides support for 25.00p (fps) video recording frame rate (PAL settings) at the camera’s maximum 4K resolution.
- A function to disable the image size selection button has been added.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a difference in exposure appears on every other shot when shooting continuously and the auto-lighting optimizer is turned on (on weak, standard or strong).
Furthermore, this upgrade provides a number of additional fixes for existing features:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which video recorded onto an external recorder sometimes becomes two-layered if it has been recorded through HDMI output.
- The video frame rate now displays two additional decimal places, e.g. 24p -> 23.98p (fps).
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the on-screen guidance cannot be fully displayed when setting the maximum limit value for the “Auto ISO Range” option.
- Corrects errors in the Portuguese language menu.
Please note: the new EOS-1D C feature upgrade is only available from Canon’s authorised service facilities in Europe – to find out more just click here.