|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Time to address the questions
I am getting a ton of questions regarding the 5D Mark II and how much longer it’s going to be a current camera. While I obviously have nothing definitive, there are been a few pieces of information come my way in regards to a Canon roadmap.
5D Mark III
- A Q2/Q3 announcement in 2011, this is not yet decided within Canon.
- Big megapixel boost, 28mp +
- Continue to build on EOSHD and supreme image quality.
- A variant of the 7D AF system.
- I can’t see them not calling it 5D Mark III, the 5D name carries a lot of weight.
- Expect it to be in the same $2699 range the 5D Mark II was at launch.
- Obvious ergonomic upgrades.
I get asked a lot if people are safe to buy a 5D Mark II now. The answer is “yes”, it’s a great camera today and it’ll still be a great camera in a year.
There is not a lot of urgency for Canon & Nikon to launch new higher end cameras in the current economic climate. Things look to improve in 2011. The 5D Mark II also still sells extremely well.
I need a couple of forum moderators, just send “Canon Rumors Guy” a message from within the forum.