|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
This is some information from a couple of decent known sources about the upcoming 50D replacement. We should expect an announcement in the fall. Canon appears to be holding form on the new 1 year product cycle for the xxD line.
- The 60D will remain at 15.1mp. There will be an upgrade of the current sensor.
- There will be 1080p video at 30fps. Probably no manual control. What I got from this is the 5D2 will get a firmware functionality upgrade and the 60D will basically have what the 5D2 has now.
- We will see a newer AF system introduced.
- The camera will shoot 8fps.
- There will be a external mic jack.
- The camera will be DIGIC V
That’s all I have for now.