|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
From Canon USA:
Supercharge Your Stop Motion Animation
Whether pre-installed on a new EOS R or manually installed on an existing EOS R the new Stop Motion Animation upgrade for EOS R cameras increases your Live View resolution to 1920×1280 from Canon’s normal of 960×640 when connected to Dragonframe stop motion animation software. This makes it easier for animators to confirm focus and movement within every frame.
Larger Live View
Live view is critical to animators creating stop motion animation films. Animators use the remote live view of the camera to review critical details and make decisions within the Dragonframe software. Canon’s Stop Motion Animation firmware increases the Live View to 1920×1280 – helping animators see subtle movement for refined animation.
USB Manual Focus Peaking
Canon has added Manual Focus Peaking over USB to interface with Dragonframe software.
Important information about EOS R Stop Motion Animation Firmware:
* HDMI output is not available on the EOS R with this firmware installed
* [Disp. performance] cannot be set
* MF peaking will not show up even if [MF peaking settings] is set to [On] under the following conditions:
- When an EF-S lens is used
- When [Multiple exposure] is set
- When [Cropping/aspect ratio] is set to an option other than [FULL]
- When the shooting screen is magnified
- When you keep holding down the shutter button after shooting