TOKYO, February 29, 2016—Canon Inc. announced today that seven Canon product designs were recognized by iF International Forum Design GmbH with prestigious 2016 iF Design Awards. Notably, Canon’s XC10 4K camcorder was selected for the iF Gold Product Design Award 2016, the highest honor in the product category.
iF Gold Product Design Award 2016 winner
- XC10 4K Camcorder
iF Product Design Award 2016 winners:
- EOS 5DS / EOS 5DS R
- EF 11-24mm f/4L USM
- EOS M3
- PowerShot G3 X Digital compact camera
- PIXMA MX490 Series *1 Inkjet printer
- i-SENSYS MF220/210 Series *2Laser multifunction printer
Established in 1953, the iF Design Awards are recognized internationally as one of the most prestigious awards within the field of design, with outstanding industrial designs chosen from all over the world each year. This year 5,295 entries from 53 countries and regions were judged by internationally active design experts across seven disciplines: product, packaging, communication, interior architecture, architecture, service design, and professional concept.
This year marks Canon’s 22nd consecutive year of winning iF Design Awards. Encouraged by the recognition of the Company’s design excellence, Canon will continue striving to realize products that combine the highest levels of performance and design.
- PIXMA MX490 Series not yet available in Japan
- i-SENSYS MF220 and MF210 series launched in Japan as the Satera MF220 and MF210 series, respectively, and comprise the MF229dw / MF226dn / MF224dw, and MF216n.