Specification lists have become a rare thing for the rumor mill if an announcement isn’t imminent, so we tend to take most of them with a huge grain of salt.
We’ve been sent a few suggested specification lists for the Canon EOS 80D replacement, one we’re calling the EOS 90D to keep things easy. There has been some talk that this will be the last of the higher-end APS-C DSLRs to come from Canon. While we cannot confirm this to be true, I think the writing is on the wall.
Canon EOS 90D Specifications: (Rumored)
- 32.5mp APS-C DPAF Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 8
- Dual SD card slots
- 10fps still shooting
- ISO range of 100-51,200
- 45 AF points (no word on the number of cross-type points)
- 4K video at 24/25, 30 and 60fps (No word on DPAF in 4K recording)
- 3.2″ rear articulating LCD
- Dust and moisture sealing
- Built-in wifi and Bluetooth
- $1399 USD price at launch
- Coming late August 2019
This does seem like a move up from the EOS 80D but doesn’t really feel like an EOS 7D Mark II update. As much as we’d like to see an update to the EOS 7D Mark II, all signs point to that not happening. Things can change though.