UPDATE: We're adding to the information about Canon's NAB announcements coming next week.
- The long-rumoured SUMIRE prime PL mount lens series will be announced. They'll match the EF versions as far as focal lengths, but the optical formulas will be different.
- Two BCTV lenses are coming, both will be 4K. Specs aren't known at this time, but one will likely be telephoto and the other with IS for ENG purposes (B4 mount).
- Four 4K camcorders, XA40/45 and XA50/55. All of them as priced below the XF405/400 and will be able to shoot 4k30p. The XA50/55 have a 1″ sensor and DualPixelAF with a 15x zoom lens, while the XA40/45 have a smaller sensor with a 20x zoom lens.
- They may also unveil the development of a new cinema camera and 4K reference display. The display could be 30″ and DolbyVision certified.
Canon is going to be announcing new gear ahead of NAB on April 3 (depending on where you are on the planet) and it's going to be a busy show for the company.
Below is a new summary of what is going to be announced ahead of NAB, which begins on April 6, 2019, in Las Vegas.
We cannot confirm the information below with a [CR3] rating, but this all seems to be relatively realistic.
- 4.2.2 internal 4K is being added to the Cinema EOS C200.
- External RAW recording via an Atomos Ninja V partnership will be added to the Canon EOS R.
- The Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark III has been delayed until late summer.
- RF mount mid-level and entry-level cinema cameras won't come until 2020/2021.
- A bunch of camcorders will also be announced.
More to come…