The Canon announcements will be sometime around 3:00 AM Eastern Time on September 5, 2018

Dec 8, 2014
All the info is already out, the announcement is moot for me. Its pretty much as expected, new lens system, camera that is almost as good as a DSLR. Size is smaller, but I was not wanting that.

Sure about that? I´m not so sure! This camera (and maybe others) and the lenses have been kept on secret for so long...I don´t even recall to see so little leaked information until a certain time. After that time in 2/3 days we get a lot of info about this camera. So...if Canon kept for sooo long the secret why so close to the launching time throw it away in a few days? I do believe we are getting something new and surprising! ;)

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
All the info is already out, the announcement is moot for me. Its pretty much as expected, new lens system, camera that is almost as good as a DSLR. Size is smaller, but I was not wanting that.

I predict at least one surprise that the spec list didn't give away. No idea what it is.

- A

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
Hang on a minute, that says (in the US) 2 PM ET / 11 AM PT, nearly half a day after CR's listed times... Which one is right?

- A
If I remember correctly even Nikon had 2 events one for global launch(Japan, Asia and Europe) and other one a day later separate event for US launch of their Z system. Maybe Canon will be doing the same 2 separate events for folk in US tailored to more comfortable US time zones along with other one for rest of the world.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I'm ready tonight -- they are not... dang it
Cancelled my Z6 order -- never really thought I would go through with it.
6D on Craigslist but I'll not negotiate much until I see delivery times.
The Z6 is miles ahead of EOS R. Especially in video iseo capabilities, sensor technology, buffer and storage. I think the Z is the better choice, this is coming from a current 5d3 user

Upvote 0
Sure about that? I´m not so sure! This camera (and maybe others) and the lenses have been kept on secret for so long...I don´t even recall to see so little leaked information until a certain time. After that time in 2/3 days we get a lot of info about this camera. So...if Canon kept for sooo long the secret why so close to the launching time throw it away in a few days? I do believe we are getting something new and surprising! ;)
I do believe Canon deliberately threw out these information to divert the focus away from the newly announced Nikon systems. It is a marketing strategy, killing 2 birds with 1 stone. The photography world have gone crazy these few days. All the focus have been switched from Nikon to Canon. It's a smart move. I guess what we don't know, we will find out very soon. :eek:

Upvote 0
Well, while you are waiting take a visit to Canon's updated official museum website:
Official Camera Museum
I remember back in the day when this first showed up as a third-party museum and Canon bought it and then forgot it,-but it is back! The camera descriptions can be quite funny. e.g. under AE-1 Program "... It was quite an advanced camera. [end of paragraph]"

Upvote 0