Patent: Non-L RF Mount zoom lenses

I think I have seen a couple of days ago in Berlin one of these lenses already. I was sitting in the train waiting at a train station when in front of my window a young Asian guy came walking along on the platform. He was about 5 or 6 feet away from my window. He had a big Canon mirrorless cam (probably the Canon R, the Canon logo was above the lens in the same position as in the Canon R) and a white telephoto lens attached to it. There was no adapter. The white lens was attached directly to the camera, which caught my attention. He took an image and checked it on the screen. Judging from the size of the lens, I assume it was 70-200mm f4. There were no words written on it. It was all plastic. No red ring.

Upvote 0
I think I have seen a couple of days ago in Berlin one of these lenses already. I was sitting in the train waiting at a train station when in front of my window a young Asian guy came walking along on the platform. He was about 5 or 6 feet away from my window. He had a big Canon mirrorless cam (probably the Canon R, the Canon logo was above the lens in the same position as in the Canon R) and a white telephoto lens attached to it. There was no adapter. The white lens was attached directly to the camera, which caught my attention. He took an image and checked it on the screen. Judging from the size of the lens, I assume it was 70-200mm f4. There were no words written on it. It was all plastic. No red ring.

In Berlin?
It was a film camera, for sure ;)

Upvote 0