Here is the Canon EOS R5, official development announcement soon.

Above, it was mentioned that Sony have the aluued-to A7Siii to come out. So maybe they are being sneaky with the - by giving long-lead announcements on the 8K it may reduce the impact of Sony's announcements whatever it is. A real spoiler, even if the Sony is released first.

At the same time this dev announcement may impact EOS R sales. There shouldn't be a big gap between the dev announcement and the actual release.

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
In case the rumours hold true, it looks like this time the CR guy is way ahead of Nokishita who remains silent about the R5. Congrats!

How far advance of product announcement do Nokishita release their information?
If this is all leading to a development announcement rather than a product announcement that may explain it.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
The tone of their financial report suggested they were fed up with being regarded as laggards and they were going to be very aggressive. Canon does not say a lot and gives even less away on their road map, so when they come out with statements like they did it is like a Trappist monk saying 'that isn't good': you damned well listen. They know what gets customers salivating and the are aware that in the modern world of trial-by-social-media, image (no pun intended) is everything.
They may not be worried by the size of Sony's presence but they are probably concerned by the rate of growth and that is what they need to tackle.

Above, it was mentioned that Sony have the aluued-to A7Siii to come out. So maybe they are being sneaky with the - by giving long-lead announcements on the 8K it may reduce the impact of Sony's announcements whatever it is. A real spoiler, even if the Sony is released first.
Canon seems to have new sensors and processors ready to go, so they have some cards to play and it looks like they intend to play them aggressively.

Upvote 0
In case the rumours hold true, it looks like this time the CR guy is way ahead of Nokishita who remains silent about the R5. Congrats!

Nokishita Camera draw most of their information from retailers. That's why they are both accurate and late to the party. In this case, Nokishita Camera are silent because retailers don't receive much documentation prior to a development announcement.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 68328

It has to be expected that the R5 would be much smaller than the 5D IV. However, since the flange distance is longer on the 5D IV, it changes the perspective. The sensor on the 5d IV will appear slightly smaller than on the R5 at the same distance. Therefore, if you make the sensor size the same on superimposed images of both bodies, you slightly exaggerate the difference in sizes...
I assumed both pictures to be perfectly plane and front facing. As such, this effect should be minimal. But hey, these are pics gathered from the internet, so discrepancies are to be expected. We'll soon see :)

That said, I really hope there will be a 5D Mark V, the 5D line feels so right in may hand and in front of my eye.

Upvote 0

David_E

Macrophotography
Sep 12, 2019
www.flickr.com
Can anyone confirm if the camera photo is real? I need to know if it will have a traditional mode dial or not..
Really? Quantum physicists haven’t confirmed that the Universe is real and you want confirmation that a graphic from a rumors site is real!? Patience.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

goldenhusky

CR Pro
Dec 2, 2016
I feel like this forum is perfectly set for the highest disappointment once the camera is released. After wathcing Canon's disappointing releases for a few years now the video specs, FPS, etc does not look like Canon at all. I am positive that the camera is coming but I feel like there is more marketing BS in the leaked specs. I will be happy to be proven wrong. I started to look for an used RF 24-105 after seeing the rumors and found a great bundle with EOS R RF 24-105 and RF 50 F/1.2 and picked them up in anticipation of the R5. Let's see how this all turns out.

Upvote 0
Ok, still it's a little weird to be throwing in old recycled photos into a new product announcement. Makes me a little suspicious of the validity of this. I like that the front button is back on the camera though, assuming the image is real, which I'm really not convinced of.
Did you not read that the owner of the site removed the picture he received and replaced it with a current model because he wasn't sure it wouldn't cause issues. I'd rather he keep in the good Grace's of his informants

Upvote 0