Canon EOS R5 launch price will be below $4000 USD [CR3]

Rumours not rumors

R6mkII, 2x90D, 630 (film), Sigma 70-200 f2.8 Sport
CR Pro
May 12, 2020
Australia mate (-:
So if this price guesstimate is close to the mark, it would equate to selling a kidney in Australia )-:
All I wish for is an EOS body that can fire around 7 to 10 frames / second with decent low light performance down to better than ISO 40,000 and a limitless or at least very large JPEG buffer. The 90D is not bad but to only be able to fire 5 seconds of shots before the buffer fills is absurd. I take my 750D out on weekends and usually end up with 6,000-8,000 images to sift through by Sunday night because for sports I will often just keep the shutter pressed down for several minutes at a time - it never fills the buffer on JPEG's but it has worn the shutter out 4 times whilst under warranty. Interestingly I can easily shoot 8,000 pics on 2 standard Canon batteries too - try that with a mirrorless. It's shameful that the 77D and 800D do not have a battery grip available. It smacks of deliberately forcing customers who like a meaty grip to have to buy an 80D or bigger if they want a battery grip. All the hype around the R5 seems impressive especially the IBIS which would be a plus for non-IS EF lenses but personally for me, all the video niceties are as useful as a one-legged man in a bum kicking contest... just saying.

Upvote 0

joestopper

Rrr...
Feb 4, 2020
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV : $2,499.00
Canon EOS R: $1,799.00
Sony a7iIV: $3,498.

If Canon R5 is above $3500, it will be a tough sell.

Hello, you need to consider the 5DIV market intro price. That that and put some inflation adjustment on top then it is close to 4k USD for 5R. It will certainly be considered reasonable at that price point.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
It worked for you so it must be fine? There are lots of reasons people tip more or less, some of which are linked to ingrained prejudice. Tl;dr it's not a level playing field.

As for your second point, wow. Clearly people being paid too little just aren't trying hard enough, right? :rolleyes:

(This is all way off topic, but so is the whole thread).

Well, given the same job...you are offered equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.

I gave great service, even more, I knew how to schmooze people, use people skills.....and even when I had trouble, like if the Kitchen or even I messed up, I usually got over tippled, due to being able to make a joke out of things, get them something extra at the end, whatever it took to make them happy.

Yes, skills any good server should be able to learn and develop. Sure, there were times that I got stiffed...it happens.

And with how you mentioned some people have "to ingrained prejudice" to some severs, it works ALL ways, not just one. It hit me too.

And to a large extent...yes, very often people get paid less because they are NOT trying hard enough.

That is a fact.

And not everyone is cut out to have a public facing job, that's ok....there ARE other jobs in the world.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Well, given the same job...you are offered equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.

I gave great service, even more, I knew how to schmooze people, use people skills.....and even when I had trouble, like if the Kitchen or even I messed up, I usually got over tippled, due to being able to make a joke out of things, get them something extra at the end, whatever it took to make them happy.

Yes, skills any good server should be able to learn and develop. Sure, there were times that I got stiffed...it happens.

And with how you mentioned some people have "to ingrained prejudice" to some severs, it works ALL ways, not just one. It hit me too.

And to a large extent...yes, very often people get paid less because they are NOT trying hard enough.

That is a fact.

And not everyone is cut out to have a public facing job, that's ok....there ARE other jobs in the world.

That is a fact.

IOW, if you are poor it is your fault?

Sorry but you have not seen much of the world if you believe people making poor wages are not trying hard enough.
This is a foundational narrative of the "prosperity gospel" and the moral failure narrative of the poor. Thus we have punitive policies directed at poor families that are allegedly aimed at "incentivizing" them to greater effort when in fact serve to add more pain to a family already struggling. It erects barriers to education, health care, mental health and the other opportunities taken for granted by the more fortunate.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
IOW, if you are poor it is your fault?

Sorry but you have not seen much of the world if you believe people making poor wages are not trying hard enough.
This is a foundational narrative of the "prosperity gospel" and the moral failure narrative of the poor. Thus we have punitive policies directed at poor families that are allegedly aimed at "incentivizing" them to greater effort when in fact serve to add more pain to a family already struggling. It erects barriers to education, health care, mental health and the other opportunities taken for granted by the more fortunate.

Ok, I'll try to leave it at this.

You are extrapolating what I said to a much larger scale to which I was not speaking towards.

I was talking specifically about the US...not "the world".

I was also specifically talking about tipped waiters / bartenders in the US, something I have had experience with and yes, some people are better at it that others and will make more $$ at it....some are not good enough or don't put in the effort to make it in those. industries.

And that's ok....there are other jobs in the world.

I'll try to drop it at this...I wasn't speaking nearly so broadly as you are trying to stretch my former comments.

HTH,

C

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Wrong. The R5 is announced with the ability to shoot 8kp30 in RAW.
No....That doesn´t mean that you can extract a RAW STILL from the raw video file. To extract the image the camera must process a totally new file, so it must edit a grabbed frame fro the raw video file. Yo are talking about 2 different raw files here....Video raw file and a still raw file.

Now...I´m not saying that the new R5 can extract a RAW still from a video file (even the video file is raw), but I would be very surprised if it does it!!!

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019

That is a fact.

That is a Trumpian “alternative fact,” i.e., a bare-faced lie.

So you're saying that people DO NOT get paid less when they don't try hard enough? That's the logical negation of the statement you are calling a bare faced lie. I guess if you're right I should stop putting in any effort at all, since it makes no difference.

Upvote 0

herein2020

Run | Gun Shooter
Mar 13, 2020
Wrong. The R5 is announced with the ability to shoot 8kp30 in RAW.

Raw video has nothing to do with raw stills. Extracting a still from video will nearly always yield discernably lower quality than working with a raw source image. After the raw video debayering process you will still have nothing comparable to a raw still quality and metadata wise; not to mention motion blur since typically video is shot at a 180 degree shutter angle.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2011
So you're saying that people DO NOT get paid less when they don't try hard enough? That's the logical negation of the statement you are calling a bare faced lie. I guess if you're right I should stop putting in any effort at all, since it makes no difference.
The word "often" surprisingly left your "logical negation".

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2011
Raw video has nothing to do with raw stills. Extracting a still from video will nearly always yield discernably lower quality than working with a raw source image. After the raw video debayering process you will still have nothing comparable to a raw still quality and metadata wise; not to mention motion blur since typically video is shot at a 180 degree shutter angle.
If you want use video recording exclusively to produce a 30fps series of raw stills, you would not need to limit yourself to 180 degree shutter angle for that (unless the camera gives you no control over it).

Upvote 0
No, the logical negation of the implication "often people getting paid less implies they do not try hard enough" is "often people try hard enough and still get paid less". Or, more formally, if P: "people get paid less" and Q: "they do not try hard enough". Then the original statement is (P implies Q). The negation of this implication, (not (P implies Q)) is equal to (P and not Q), which is "people get paid less and they do try hard enough."

Upvote 0