Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Hi Roo.
Wow, cancelled halfway through the show! I‘m still trying to have fun although there will be no shots from the Goodwood Members Meet this year which we should have got home from yesterday! :( We still have tickets for the Goodwood Revival later in the year but I’m betting there will be no large gatherings for at least the rest of this year! :cry::cry:
I have been working on a much smaller scale, :unsure: think a full stack of rings and a reverse mount! Expect to see some shots in the macro thread at some point, just as soon as I can get some worth sharing! :ROFLMAO:
Best get that Mk III tested with a few shots, just in case you got the dud! I call it me please, if there is a dud in the stack I can pick it! I once pulled the second flat packed garden bench from the stack saying “ha ha, I’ll leave the broken one for someone else,“ got home and guess what, one of the castings was cracked! Yep I’d definitely get the dud camera! :LOL:

Everybody please stay safe, follow the rules and we can make it through this. (y)(y)

Cheers, Graham.

I'll look out for the macro shots but I'll be hitting up the motorsports thread soon with some shots from the Thursday and from the Phillip Island historics meet the weekend before.

Cheers

Upvote 0

dcm

Enjoy the gear you have!
CR Pro
Apr 18, 2013
Colorado, USA
USAF Thunderbirds fly by after graduation ceremonies at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. They also flew a pass along the front range over the major metro areas between Fort Collins and Pueblo to honor first responders. Actually a flight of 8 with 1 flanking and 1 trailing - I assume they were filming. Appeared to be flying a series of banks to give everyone a good view. Too bad is was such a gloomy, gray, overcast day. Monochrome seemed appropriate.
M6II, 70-300L

IMG_1421iso.jpg

They were pretty low and disappeared into the trees.

IMG_1424iso.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Upvote 0

dcm

Enjoy the gear you have!
CR Pro
Apr 18, 2013
Colorado, USA
Blue Angels at the local air show today. I wasn't able to attend, but got a couple photos from my office window 8 miles away, including one nearby pass. A local photo bombed the formation in the first photo ;).

EOS R6, RF800, 1.4X, monopod, DxO PL4.

DMR67555.jpg

Shooting through tree branches produced some shadows.
DMR67463.jpg

DMR67477.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

dcm

Enjoy the gear you have!
CR Pro
Apr 18, 2013
Colorado, USA
These were flying in the far distance from where we were looking for birds, probably from the Duxford airfield. Could someone please identify them for me.

View attachment 201470View attachment 201471View attachment 201472

Biplane is a Stearman E75N1 currently in use by Paramount Overseas Productions. Here's some backstory on this plane.

The other plane has a WW II RAF type A roundel (pre 1942). Flipped through a list of planes flown by the RAF but didn't come across it. It appears to be a Yak-52TW training aircraft, N699DP, being used as a camera plane, https://www.facebook.com/FansofDuxford. I assume they are filming a WW II flick.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0