The Canon EOS R5 and EOS R6 will be announced in the first few days of July

Now that we have a month's notice, maybe we should we start a forum discussion where we can start practicing excuses to justify the purchase to loved ones and concerned onlookers.

"Yes, I already have a camera, but I don't have that camera!"

My card slot is almost completely broken. No, I can't get another 70D, it has to be an R5...

We'll see how it goes :)

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Paul Nordin

CR Pro
Jun 5, 2020
Man, I thought the wait just for Endgame's title was the most dragged out and irritating tease/publicity stunt... I guess Canon is aiming for MCU dollars (and/or yen). :LOL::cautious::mad:
Then you've clearly never purchased a promised product from Red...legendary hype, followed by epic waits. But the waits are usually worth it.

Upvote 0
Now that we have a month's notice, maybe we should we start a forum discussion where we can start practicing excuses to justify the purchase to loved ones and concerned onlookers.

"Yes, I already have a camera, but I don't have that camera!"
Best not to run it past the Financial Controller ;) Or at least be very vague about pricing...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
Shooting wildlife I recently learned from a guy who had a new 1D X III, that its low light performance is really impressive. So I hope the R6 will serve stills shooters looking for clean images @ high ISOs about the same way. Not everyone wants a big dual grip camera body.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

Not really sure what we are waiting on at this point. Tomorrow is just as good as sometime in July to announce it unless they are holding off for the virus to come to an end(which could be another six months). Ether way it will be interesting to get a glimpse at what is coming up next, even if it wont matter until wildlife lenses come out.

Upvote 0

Doug7131

EOS R6 Mark II
Jul 21, 2019
speculation, but it could make sense. Minimum is 33mpix, that's a given.
It will more than that. Depending on the horizontal resolution of the 8K mode (I don't think this information has been released) you have two minimum resolutions the R5 could have:
8K UHD - 7680 pixels wide gives a minimum of 39.3MP
"DCI" 8K - 8192 pixels wide gives a minimum of 44.7MP

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

hne

Gear limits your creativity
Jan 8, 2016
Then you've clearly never purchased a promised product from Red...legendary hype, followed by epic waits. But the waits are usually worth it.

Have you heard of Duke Nukem Forever?
Promo material released between first announcement in 1997 all the way up to the game's release in 2011!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0