Patent: Active cooling adapter for the RF mount

You ignored the nasty canon marketing again lol. Your first was my first source. HOWEVER, Three Blind Men and An Elephant Productions' video is a new source to me (hard to watch but I did at 2x speed). This is concerning. ~23 minutes of 4k24 long gop causing the camera to overheat in summer weather. Interesting that setting the A7s3 by an air conditioner helped it cool down fast for faster return use. I expect this is from the passive cooling and I'd expect faster return time than the R5, but this is not something I want to fool with and I agree with the video. A73 overheated in 4k at about 30 minutes too. I was hoping they fixed it. Still not sure of the best path forward so I will keep my r5 preorder and hope for the best. Thanks for the new source. I am sure we will get many others claiming the same issue soon enough.
I will keep my R5 also , well at least when its delivered .

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2014
Obvious sarcasm is obvious. LOL!

For 79.99 Canon will just swap out your doorstop R5 for a new C300 MkX with 16K 240 fps liquid helium cooled camera that chews through 8 terabytes of data in 10 seconds. The vbloggers, influencers, and Sony fanboys will still not be happy, and Sony Northrup will still give it a bad review though.

Of course they wouldn't be happy. It should be coffee cooled, with a special siphon that adds sugar & cream, with at least as many presets as there are crew members in a movie production crew.

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2014
wrong! they designed it as a STILLS camera, you are shopping in the photography section, not the cinima section. that's what it still is, a photo camera, go get yourself a proper C300 and pay the premium and stop encrouching your wants on the STILLS people.

The C300 doesn't have 8K.

I wouldn't rule out Canon testing the 8K sensor in the R5 prior to using it in a cinema camera.

Upvote 0