Canon USA officially responds to concerns about shipping delays of the Canon EOS R5

You know what really makes me angry? The damn postmail got late in the delivery and I only going to have the camera on Monday. Now...this makes me really Overheated!!!!! :D

The rest...I don´t really care. I am 100% positive that my EOS R5 will shine and I will produce gorgeous video content and superb stills! The rest is noise!! I just apply noise reduction! :D

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0
People have such short memories.

I have been told that both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 will not begin shipping until July at the earliest. It’s likely we’ll be getting low initial quantities of both cameras as well.

There are obviously delays attached to the COVID-19 pandemic all the way through the supply chain.

Reactions: 10 users
Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2012
We will see soon how it plays out with quality ie. Recalls and availability. I did not pre order either the R or 5D4 and was able to order them from B&H within a month of release with no delays at all. Hopefully Canon does not bungle this a produce a D850 like scenario whereby you just can’t get one. High demand sounds good , but really just means frustration for your customer base. We will see.

I guess if there is a big delay, it will make waiting a little easier to those waiting to see if there is a “hi MP” photo-centric body in the works.

Upvote 0

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
Nothing statement - nothing to add. They said limited quantities and that’s what we received. I decided not to cancel and wait it out and see what’s what. Keep my place in line and all that.

All is well. I’ve been out taking pictures of the bees all afternoon with the R and 5D4 and my new 100L f/2.8 macro. Great lens. Less than cooperative bees.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2020
Apparently, pretty much everyone just ignored the first sentence...

"Orders of the EOS R5 are scheduled to be delivered as initially stated at launch."

Did they state that there would be a recall at launch? No, of course not.
Did they state that they might delay the second batch if internet users began complaining? No, of course not.
Did they state that there would be limited quantities initially? Yes.

So where is the confusion, except in the minds of those who can't read a simple statement and want to believe all the internet bullcrap.

Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017

"Orders of the EOS R5 are scheduled to be delivered as initially stated at launch."

Did they state that they might delay the second batch if internet users began complaining? No, of course not.

So where is the confusion, except in the minds of those who can't read a simple statement and want to believe all the internet bullcrap.

Preach! :p:p:p

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2020
Wow. In terms of PR strategy, that was almost worse than not putting out a statement at all. I don't believe the theory that's floating around that Canon is withholding the second batch of shipments because they're planning a recall, but this statement certainly did nothing do tamp down that rumor.
this is how rumors start

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Big_Ant_TV_Media

Hey Fellow Canon Shooters
Oct 13, 2014
NYC
www.facebook.com
i was at b&h today too get my RF 24-70 F2.8 lens and the sales guy and 1 of his bosses told me directly that the 2nd and maybe 4rd shipments of R5 are slowed down or delayed via WORKER SHORTAGE NOT THE SO-CALLED HEAT PROBLEM THE CAMERA HAS "which isnt a big deal if u shoot tons of video for over 35-45 mins or so, they are working on a firmware fix that will help, also there LOOKING INTO THE R6 if theres a major HEAT issue

• Haha
Upvote 0

Toglife_Anthony

Hit the G.A.S. & pump the brakes at the same time!
Apr 2, 2020

Exactly! By saying "initially stated at launch" they're simply saying things are progressing as they've planned. If they were to come out and say "there will be no recall" and then they subsequently decide (or need) to do so, then all the folks raising hell now will have something else to bicker about. In this politically correct world we live in, "Everyone just calm down!" has to be turned into an unnecessary paragraph.

Upvote 0

JoeDavid

Unimpressed
Feb 23, 2012
FEDEX delivered mine this afternoon along with a vertical/battery grip but no second battery for the grip. I was told they haven't received any yet (at least the store I ordered from). The grip is as huge as the EOS R grip. It does charge the batteries (i.e., it's got the two charge lights on it for battery 1 and 2) but, unlike the R's grip, doesn't come with the USB-C charger nor does it have the port. Presumably it charges via the camera USB-C port and is connected through the grip's electrical connection. Haven't tried it yet.

Forgot the main thing... It didn't explode, catch fire, burn my hands, or anything when I powered it up! ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

the confusing thing is why they issued the statement. It was a week late. the initial batch was already shipped when they said it and everyone knew it was a limited supply. There was nothing new in the release . They said nothing about the question everyone is asking: “when will more cameras ship?”

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Yeah. So my translation is: "All goes to plan, which means manufacturing delays in China. Go and shoot some pictures, if you managed to snatch the camera, you little lucky..."

Upvote 0
Feeling super glad/lucky i got in on the first batch. Now hoping there is a recall, ideal scenario for me then.
How's that ideal? A potential recall would mean you send the camera to Canon and they fix it. It may not mean you can just get the money back. In the end you'll just spend a couple of weeks without the camera.

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
This non-update makes me think that they have a bigger problem then they want to let on, and are scrambling to mitigate it. I am disappointed if it doesn't get to me by mid September because I ordered this for a trip. OTOH, it may obviate the need for me to send it in for a recall, so I'll just await the camera and it should be fine. I bought if for stills with occasional video, so it's all good. But disappointing.

Upvote 0