Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I have been inundated with Canon Cinema EOS C70 images today, unfortunately, I cannot publish them all. However, the above image is the new cinema camera.
I have been told by multiple sources that the official announcement for the Canon Cinema EOS C70 will be on September 24, 2020.
I hope to be able to publish the full specifications sometime this weekend.
More to come…

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 users
It's the 1DC Mark II :love: .....If that handgrip is built in 1d-style then it better:

1. Takes stills (perhaps a mirrorless 1dx III built in?)
2. Have a swivel screen (or titling at minimum)

If so it'll be a gauntlet through-down for a video/stills hybrid. Which would make sense that it moved from the stills to Cinema line, as the necessary venting and button layout is dictated more by video need than photo.

However, it doesn't look like there's an EVF....which puts a serious damper on any possible stills capability. So if this is only video capable, I'm a bit bummed they just didn't shrink down the C100 body 20% or so....that EVF + removal side grip + swivel/tilt screen is such a versatile package.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DBounce

Canon Eos R3
May 3, 2016
I can’t fully tell, but it just might look hideous. In any case it’s not so much about the looks as the specs. I’m liking the Eos R5 more that the overheat nonsense has been relaxed. Granted I believe Canon could do better as the camera really does not overheat.
I’m wondering if this is the body that is supposed to have the C300 Mk3 sensor?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
It's the 1DC Mark II :love: .....If that handgrip is built in 1d-style then it better:

1. Takes stills (perhaps a mirrorless 1dx III built in?)
2. Have a swivel screen (or titling at minimum)

If so it'll be a gauntlet through-down for a video/stills hybrid. Which would make sense that it moved from the stills to Cinema line, as the necessary venting and button layout is dictated more by video need than photo.

However, it doesn't look like there's an EVF....which puts a serious damper on any possible stills capability. So if this is only video capable, I'm a bit bummed they just didn't shrink down the C100 body 20% or so....that EVF + removal side grip + swivel/tilt screen is such a versatile package.
the c line is terrible on the 1 arm gimbals. they are hard to balance and become super heavy over time. plus u have to break them down to fit them on.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 384473

the c line is terrible on the 1 arm gimbals. they are hard to balance and become super heavy over time. plus u have to break them down to fit them on.
We got pretty quick with setup/breakdown with the C300MKII on a gimbal. Played with the Mark III and it was much faster to setup. Guess it just depends on your build.

Upvote 0