Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70

Man this website is useless. The camera is practically launched and this web host STILL won’t release his photos from a month ago. I don’t see a reason to ever visit this site again, sorry guys.

===

What has been left unsaid is that there is ANOTHER set of products coming down the pipeline and it is a set of VERY LARGE SENSOR (i.e. 65mm and greater sensors) still photo, hybrid and cinema cameras that are FULLY GLOBAL SHUTTER with a full set of primo-quality lenses (i.e. FAST and EXPENSIVE!) coming out at the same time!

When you're getting into 65mm (or greater!) on a CMOS image sensor, the microns-per-photosite size (i.e. 6.8 microns or larger at DCI 8k resolutions!) means that 16-bits per channel colour rendition (48-bit RGB colour), dynamic range and light sensitivity GO THROUGH THE ROOF in terms of attaining UTTERLY SUPERB LEVELS OF STILL PHOTO AND VIDEO QUALITY!

What a shock this is gonna be to the Canon/Sony/Fuji/Panasonic/Pentax/etc. community!

Cough, Cough! Hint, Hint!

V

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Man this website is useless. The camera is practically launched and this web host STILL won’t release his photos from a month ago. I don’t see a reason to ever visit this site again, sorry guys.

Honestly I do feel like this is a mentally abusive relationship not to mention the financials but I’m here for it.

Upvote 0

Twinix

C100 III + R6?
May 6, 2020
Norway
Great! C70 is a good start for what i want in my next camera, my first cinema camera. I don't need 4k 120p, so the C50 is what I want. Love the adapter, that means I can get the EF 24-105 and not have to save up for a 18-80.. Now hopefully the C50 uses BPA and at least mini xlr too. Sadly we don't get full size XLR and SDI, but after all thats ok. Luckily it has SD cards. Also wondering how good I could mount a Ninja V, to get ProRes recording.

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
If they can´t whine about the camera, they whine about Canonrumors.
But they whine...how cute!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Kam

Lumix GH5/A7SIII
Aug 27, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
Soo is this the real competitor to the A7siii? I'm not into video but it seams that canon nailed it this time.
My favorites:
DGO super 35mm sensor
DP AF!
4k up to 120fps
Nice body, quite small.

So where is sony better? Remember you need external recorders for the sony right?

Well....
Size: A7S3 is tiny.
Sensor: A7S3 is FF, so better low light and DoF
IBIS: This has no IBIS, which some say is not necessary, but it is nice to have.

Not much else I guess?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

telemaque

Before Sunset
CR Pro
Nov 30, 2019
Thanks for the information.

Adaptor is okay but personally I am not that excited about it...
All other Cinema cameras from Canon have a S35 sensor and no one is using an adaptor on top of it or did I miss something?!

S35 is okay, we do not need FF sensor for Video, it makes life difficult.

Shooting a portrait or an interview video of someone at 3 m distance with an 85mm at f1.2 this gives you...
9 cm Depth of Field ie less than 4 inches DoF !
Very easy to ge that person out of focus... It is a video so the person moves !
Conclusion you will close your aperture to increase that Depth of Field an avoid unfocused footage.

So S35 is good enough.
We could use the normal EF-R adaptor with no optics in it.
That way our L-lenses will remain high quality optics with no risk of lower quality because of an adaptor.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the information.

Adaptor is okay but personally I am not that excited about it...
All other Cinema cameras from Canon have a S35 sensor and no one is using an adaptor on top of it or did I miss something?!

S35 is okay, we do not need FF sensor for Video, it makes life difficult.

Shooting a portrait or an interview video of someone at 3 m distance with an 85mm at f1.2 this gives you...
9 cm Depth of Field ie less than 4 inches DoF !
Very easy to ge that person out of focus... It is a video so the person moves !
Conclusion you will close your aperture to increase that Depth of Field an avoid unfocused footage.

So S35 is good enough.
We could use the normal EF-R adaptor with no optics in it.
That way our L-lenses will remain high quality optics with no risk of lower quality because of an adaptor.

9cm depth of field is plenty when you have good auto focus wouldn't you say?

Upvote 0

telemaque

Before Sunset
CR Pro
Nov 30, 2019
IBIS: This has no IBIS, which some say is not necessary, but it is nice to have.

Not much else I guess?

Better in low light:
Yes.

DoF?
I disagree the DoF is so short it is a problem.
Please see my other message.

From your name, it seems you have a GH5 and a S5 from Lumix. Right?
I am sure you can confirm that GH5 is much easier to use with its M4/3 sensor than the S5, where you will have many out of focus footages.

It is funny to see all this trend on FF sensor.
Great for photo, but not that great for Video.
S35 seems to be a perfect compromise between low light and acceptable DoF.
Maybe why professional cameras are still on S35?

AF
Canon has a good tracking history on this, Sony is excellent on that too, Lumix not that good.
IBIS could have a been nice, but my DJI gimbal could do the job when absolutly necessary.
However, I would have appreciated an IBIS.

Remain the main question: Price?

Upvote 0

telemaque

Before Sunset
CR Pro
Nov 30, 2019
9cm depth of field is plenty when you have good auto focus wouldn't you say?

On the paper you are right: good AF and 9cm should be good.

In real, you see this AF working constantly and not always the best feeling.
Maybe a personal taste...

I prefer manual focusing and larger DoF, it gives for my personal taste a better feeling.

This remark was just to say this S35 sensor is big enough for me and I would not use the adaptor, unless you need extra large Fiel of View.
16mm with S35 gives 24mm equivalent FoV.

Upvote 0
Speedboosters create a 1.6x crop sensor image circle, so I'm sure when you put the adapter on a non-crop camera it will default to crop-mode only to prevent the dark circle around the corners. This would equate the perspective of a 50mm f/0.85 on the R5's 17 megapixel crop mode.
OK good. so me and my RF50 will live happily ever after after once Mrs. R5 arrives by x-mas. No evil magic from this speedbooster is needed.

I'm really tired and missed the S35 part of this, it was a little bit too obvious and I do know better having read about speedboosters for FF lenses on M43 systems.

Canon is the old man at the party that just took out a key of the finest, smoothest coke while everyone else is messing around with weed.

Upvote 0

DBounce

Canon Eos R3
May 3, 2016
Well....
Size: A7S3 is tiny.

Not much else I guess?

I think the A7S3 brings a lot to the table and both make sense to own. Here are some pluses to the Sony:
  • The A7S3 can output ProRes Raw... and that feature is supported as of release of the camera. No waiting for months to get raw support.
  • Weather sealed body
  • Stills support... Which while only 12MP nonetheless can work for albums and even a magazine size print without issue.
  • Weather sealed body.
  • Hot shoe/flash support.
  • Records gyro data for post stabilization.

Upvote 0
What resolution are the stills?

Obviosly 4k is 8mpx. Its like that old canon 350D. It works for web very well.

No raw video?

So canon says it could be used for news gathering. Can on go and shoot football with this. Is thee no more rolling shutter.

Does anyone know whats the sensor read out speed for c300 3. Is there Any rolling shutter in c300 3? Obviously the same sensor.

Upvote 0