Industry News: DJI announces the DJI Pocket 2

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
DJI has announced the DJI Pocket 2, and has brought a whole set of new features to the sequel of the very popular original.
Pricing for the DJI Pocket 2 starts at $349 USD and shipping will begin in the next couple of weeks.
Learn more about the DJI Pocket 2
DJI Pocket 2 – What’s New
Fast Wake – Pocket 2 wakes up faster so you can start shooting in seconds
Bigger Sensor – A new 1/1.7″ sensor on the Pocket 2 lets you shoot in all types of lighting conditions and a wider FOV means better selfies
8x Zoom – Pocket 2 supports 8x zoom and 4x lossless zoom
DJI Matrix Stereo – Pocket 2 uses a 4-way array of microphones to capture beautiful surround sound audio
Four Array Microphone – DJI Pocket picks up beautiful stereo sound.
Audio Zoom – If you zoom in on a subject Pocket 2 automatically increases pickup from the mic facing that direction.
SoundTrack –...

Continue reading...

marathonman

CR Pro
Aug 29, 2016
You speak for No One. I've been an avid user of the pocket and this is a very worthy upgrade. I bet you've never even touched it.

I know you weren't speaking to me... ;-)
I think it's a great upgrade. I have the original and loved using it. It's an unconventional but surprisingly usable device. I'm glad they went for a slightly larger sensor but disappointed they changed the FoV / lens from 26mm to 20mm.
Other than that, the new accessories look great. I'll get the charging case and the underwater module. I will take it everywhere with me..!! (which if you are reading this in 2027, then this is the year of Covid, and so everywhere means from my office on the ground floor to the kitchen about 30 feet away and back.)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Isn't that the perfect dedicated vlogger device? Since that type of product exists, whats the point of sony ZV-1 and the likes?
The specs say that DJI Pocket 2 also has hybrid autofocus but I can't imagine that it is on par with Sony.
ZV-1 also has a sensor twice as big.
On the other hand, the ZV-1 lens is no way near wide enough.
Pocket 2 comes with a 20 mm full-frame equivalent lens and the Creators Kit has an add-on 15 mm FF EQ lens so it is much better for filming yourself and the surroundings handheld.
You can also put it down and have it track you.

Upvote 0