Canon RF 100-500mm review by Fro

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Any review but from him.
It is a matter of taste, but I couldn't get past his notions that the tripod mount is useless for most folks and that he can't think of a situation where you'd manually focus the lens. And what was that about pointing out the zoom creep ... then pointing out the stiffness adjustement for the zoom ring ... and not pointing out any connection between the two?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
It is a matter of taste, but I couldn't get past his notions that the tripod mount is useless for most folks and that he can't think of a situation where you'd manually focus the lens. And what was that about pointing out the zoom creep ... then pointing out the stiffness adjustement for the zoom ring ... and not pointing out any connection between the two?
What's recreationally legal in his state?

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Cameralabs has also done a comprehensive review of this lens earlier and they even tested teleconvertors with this lens which Fro seems to have missed out.
I definitely agree with this: "There’s lots of options, although I’d love it if Canon also considers producing a more affordable 200-600 model like Sony in the future as that’s a great length for sports and wildlife."

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0