Reptiles and Amphibians

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Frogs in pond at local garden. My granddaughter served as spotter. I probably would have missed them.
It's always great to find something for children or grandchildren to get into nature.
Of course it is difficult to handle with their impatience but if you can you have a new and really curious observer.
And mostly they have the better eyes ;):geek:
Keep her interested :)

Upvote 0

dcm

Enjoy the gear you have!
CR Pro
Apr 18, 2013
Colorado, USA
It's always great to find something for children or grandchildren to get into nature.
Of course it is difficult to handle with their impatience but if you can you have a new and really curious observer.
And mostly they have the better eyes ;):geek:
Keep her interested :)
Thanks. She is. We go on photo safaris together. She and her mom inherit my gear.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Maximilian

CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
While I was going dragonfly stalking and sitting at the water this ringed snake / grass snake (which name is more common?) swam by just about 1,5 m away.
Always fascinationg how fast they can swim.
I shot these pics with 5D4+100-400 II + 1.4x TC and are without any cropping

ringed_snake_09.JPG

ringed_snake_10.JPG

Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Super shot!!! We have the Caroline Anoles on the Islands and I have some experience with them: to get such a shot (LIF - like Lizard in fly:)) you must be very lucky person - these are short, sudden jumps and you have to be lucky to have the right aperture and speed to catch it! Congratulations!!!!

Upvote 0
Super shot!!! We have the Caroline Anoles on the Islands and I have some experience with them: to get such a shot (LIF - like Lizard in fly:)) you must be very lucky person - these are short, sudden jumps and you have to be lucky to have the right aperture and speed to catch it! Congratulations!!!!
Thanks ISV but he was just doing the Spiderman on my window just trying to figure out how to get in :) The background are Lantanas , which worked well for me.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Upvote 0

Maximilian

CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
My first common European adder (vipera berus).
She - so big it must be a female - was quite shy and lying in high grass. When I tried to get a better view she disappeared.
One of the two poisonous serpents in Germany. The other one is the asp viper (vipera aspis).
What I just learned as I was looking for more info:
The adder venom it two to three times more poisonous than the venom of the diamondback rattlesnake (crotalus adamanteus).
But the dose is so low that normally it is not dangerous to life. I'll stay careful if I see her again ;)

adder_01.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0