SD Card for Canon R6

I shoot sports with my 7D2 and that has been jpg. I just purchased a R6 and 2 64gb Prograde cards. I see 1790 possible captures. in the camera I assume I need to double that Amount for 2 cards for approx. 3500 captures? I plan to try and shoot RAW now that I have a large buffer. should I consider 128's? thoughts?

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
I shoot sports with my 7D2 and that has been jpg. I just purchased a R6 and 2 64gb Prograde cards. I see 1790 possible captures. in the camera I assume I need to double that Amount for 2 cards for approx. 3500 captures? I plan to try and shoot RAW now that I have a large buffer. should I consider 128's? thoughts?
If you're coming from JPEG, you could give CRAW a chance, that will save you a lot of space for getting almost all of the benefit from RAW.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
There is a consensus that people can't see any detectable loss using CRAW.
Agreed, but the big missing thing, for me, is that DPP4 can't run DLO on CRAWs. Which isn't a problem for L lenses (except the EF17-40L), but the EF and RF f/1.8 lenses benefit greatly from it. Miles ahead of what Lightroom can do for those.

CRAW in crop mode with the electronic shutter saves me a lot of disk space when trying to do DIFs :)

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Agreed, but the big missing thing, for me, is that DPP4 can't run DLO on CRAWs. Which isn't a problem for L lenses (except the EF17-40L), but the EF and RF f/1.8 lenses benefit greatly from it. Miles ahead of what Lightroom can do for those.

CRAW in crop mode with the electronic shutter saves me a lot of disk space when trying to do DIFs :)
And miles behind what DxO PL4 can do! ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0