SD Card for Canon R6

Jun 8, 2021
Hey People, I am in the market for an sd card for video on R6, especially 4k 60fps, my choices are

SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-II SDXC / V90 / U3 / Class 10​

Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC 64GB U3 300MB / s Class 10 UHS-II​

SanDisk Extreme Pro 64MB 95MB V30 UHS-I U3 CLASS 10​

Can someone suggest to me the suitable one for the camera? Thank you in advance.

ronaldbyram

Photographing the Adventure
I shoot sports with my 7D2 and that has been jpg. I just purchased a R6 and 2 64gb Prograde cards. I see 1790 possible captures. in the camera I assume I need to double that Amount for 2 cards for approx. 3500 captures? I plan to try and shoot RAW now that I have a large buffer. should I consider 128's? thoughts?

koenkooi

EOS 5D Mark IV
CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
I shoot sports with my 7D2 and that has been jpg. I just purchased a R6 and 2 64gb Prograde cards. I see 1790 possible captures. in the camera I assume I need to double that Amount for 2 cards for approx. 3500 captures? I plan to try and shoot RAW now that I have a large buffer. should I consider 128's? thoughts?
If you're coming from JPEG, you could give CRAW a chance, that will save you a lot of space for getting almost all of the benefit from RAW.

AlanF

Stay at home
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
If you're coming from JPEG, you could give CRAW a chance, that will save you a lot of space for getting almost all of the benefit from RAW.
There is a consensus that people can't see any detectable loss using CRAW.

koenkooi

EOS 5D Mark IV
CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
There is a consensus that people can't see any detectable loss using CRAW.
Agreed, but the big missing thing, for me, is that DPP4 can't run DLO on CRAWs. Which isn't a problem for L lenses (except the EF17-40L), but the EF and RF f/1.8 lenses benefit greatly from it. Miles ahead of what Lightroom can do for those.

CRAW in crop mode with the electronic shutter saves me a lot of disk space when trying to do DIFs :)

AlanF

Stay at home
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Agreed, but the big missing thing, for me, is that DPP4 can't run DLO on CRAWs. Which isn't a problem for L lenses (except the EF17-40L), but the EF and RF f/1.8 lenses benefit greatly from it. Miles ahead of what Lightroom can do for those.

CRAW in crop mode with the electronic shutter saves me a lot of disk space when trying to do DIFs :)
And miles behind what DxO PL4 can do! ;)

Reactions: HenryL