canon eos r7

canonmike

EOS R6
CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013
Well, any word as to weather or not R7s started shipping today?? My B&H order no longer says shipping June 23rd, now just says back ordered. Anybody know ANYTHING??
My May 24 pre-order from B&H shows backordered, as well. Only person I know getting their R7 from B&H is Amar Talwar from 247 media group, who stated Wed on YT that BH told him that his was shipping. Y'day, USA.canon showed body only still backordered but R7 kit was in stock, selling for $1899.00. Guess we'll just have to wait a little longer, as 23 June came and went. So much for all the YT chatter that market conditions were loosening up. Last yr, I placed an order for RF100mm macro, including the tripod collar. Six weeks later, I rec'd the lens but eleven months later, the collar was still on back order, causing me to cancel same.

UPDATE: Just went on Canon USA Fri June 24 at 1:30 p.m. and they are showing both the body and the kit now in stock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

canonmike

EOS R6
CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013
R7 shows in stock on Canon USA, but IS backordered when order is completed. Just fyi. Seems a regular issue with their website store.
You are absolutely correct. I should preface your contemplation of any Canon store purchase with a caveat that, even though they display an in stock notice and take your money, this does not necessarily translate into real stock on hand or shipment of same. You cannot depend on the Canon store's stock info. I made this mistake on two different occasions with Canon store, only to find out later that my order was changed to backordered on one occasion and pending on another. Sadly, Canon stores' customer service is often less than dependable.

Upvote 0
Jan 30, 2020
My May 24 pre-order from B&H shows backordered, as well. Only person I know getting their R7 from B&H is Amar Talwar from 247 media group, who stated Wed on YT that BH told him that his was shipping. Y'day, USA.canon showed body only still backordered but R7 kit was in stock, selling for $1899.00. Guess we'll just have to wait a little longer, as 23 June came and went. So much for all the YT chatter that market conditions were loosening up. Last yr, I placed an order for RF100mm macro, including the tripod collar. Six weeks later, I rec'd the lens but eleven months later, the collar was still on back order, causing me to cancel same.

UPDATE: Just went on Canon USA Fri June 24 at 1:30 p.m. and they are showing both the body and the kit now in stock.
I just picked up my pre-order r7. It was at the store on the 23rd. I was 13th on wait list, and all wait listed purchasers got theirs. They even have a couple on the shelf available. It is a smaller suburban retailer, not big downtown camera store.

Upvote 0
Jan 30, 2020
Now that I have the R7, I have tried it out with a few EF lenses via adapter (this is my first mirrorless camera). I bought the body only because I was not keen on the kit lens. With the adapter, the ef lenses protrude a fair bit, which is noticable given the small size of the camera.

However, I do want to get a compact walk around native rf lens. Perhaps the 35 rf 1.8 macro or the 50 f1.8 lens would suffice. I would love a 17-70 f4 rf-s lens but I'm not sure that is coming. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0