@CR Team: Why adding ads to an ad free account?

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Hi @CR Team!

I know you want and need to earn money.
That's why I paid for an ad free forum and a "Pro" account, so you got my money.

So why that ad at that absolutely stupid and annoying position?

Please stop that or return my money. Thank you.

By the way: I also see an ad when I log in and change to forums. Annoying, too.

Yours,
Maximilian

Advert_sucks.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Jan 29, 2011
Craig was a con artist plain and simple. He’s gone, with all our $100’s, and doesn’t care.

That might sound harsh but remember, the ‘gifts’ never came and he reopened the ’Pro’ membership for one limited time, even though when he first did it he said he’d never do it again, and anybody that joined then not only didn’t ever get a gift but he knew he was selling the site at that time!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ReflexVE

Fujifilm X-H2S (M50 Veteran)
CR Pro
May 5, 2020
Renton, WA
Craig was a con artist plain and simple. He’s gone, with all our $100’s, and doesn’t care.

That might sound harsh but remember, the ‘gifts’ never came and he reopened the ’Pro’ membership for one limited time, even though when he first did it he said he’d never do it again, and anybody that joined then not only didn’t ever get a gift but he knew he was selling the site at that time!
My feeling was he did not think through the long term implications. That said, is he gone? It looks to me like he quietly took over again a few months ago. And whoever did buy the site, which so far as I can tell was never actually sold, would also have the liability to deliver the promises.

Not that I ever expect to get anything out of it. Like the Xtra Kickstarter many fell for (and which I warned against buying into for months in the Discord), lesson learned.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Oddly, that other thread on this comes up with a "Page cannot be opened" and that particular blue advertising line on it. what the hoot?View attachment 204837
This happens for me using Firefox on Mac but Chrome and Safari work fine. This is why I wrote that there are browser glitches. In general, Firefox is more flaky than the others, which I have to use for some on-line transactions. I do have ad-blockers on Firefox.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
This happens for me using Firefox on Mac but Chrome and Safari work fine. This is why I wrote that there are browser glitches. In general, Firefox is more flaky than the others, which I have to use for some on-line transactions. I do have ad-blockers on Firefox.
Alan, you don't have the banner at the bottom on your machine that looks like the one in stig's post?

Upvote 0
This is on my phone. And the image you see is decidedly served by the website. So if there is a "Firefox problem" then it's the website that has it. FF renders fine.

Edit:just tried FF on the PC. Views fine there. Boggles the mind. @AlanF - just FYI.

Last edited:
Upvote 0