Canon will soon announce the Canon EOS R8 and Canon EOS R50 along with two new kit lenses

kmrahe

EOS M50 Mark II
Feb 2, 2023
Better optics. The EVF on the RP uses the same display as the M50, but the optics make it massively better. With the RP the image doesn’t distort like a funhouse mirror when viewing slightly off-axis.
Hmm, I never noticed this issue, and I wear progressive-lens glasses that sometimes cause problems when looking through things like rifle scopes.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I 100% agree but that is a big thing missing.
Off course we could always adapt the EF-S 10-18 but I am more understanding of the reluctance of adapting lenses on these smaller cameras.
Agreed, although I have no doubt Canon will launch an RF-S UWA zoom soon, most likely this year. My M11-22 is my most-used lens on my M cameras, I would not consider an APS-C EOS R body until there's a UWA zoom for it.

I still think the first thing anyone should buy for the R system is an EF to RF adapter.
Also agreed, although with the current RF lineup I think that's less important now. Someone going from an APS-C DSLR to a FF R may not need the adapter at all. Personally, between the 14-35, 24-105 and 100-500 most of my 'typical' shooting needs are covered. But I still adapt a variety of lenses, for some of which there are no RF versions.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

HikeBike

R6
CR Pro
Feb 6, 2019
Maryland, USA
I'm thinking about getting the wife an R50 as a gift, because she has been interested in the M50 II for awhile now...but I told her to wait until the R equivalent is released. And selfishly, I'd like to use it once in awhile as well. However...*sigh*...she wants the white one. I was hoping that wouldn't be an option moving forward, but also didn't think I would be that lucky. And I'm not.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
I'm thinking about getting the wife an R50 as a gift, because she has been interested in the M50 II for awhile now...but I told her to wait until the R equivalent is released. And selfishly, I'd like to use it once in awhile as well. However...*sigh*...she wants the white one. I was hoping that wouldn't be an option moving forward, but also didn't think I would be that lucky. And I'm not.
Just get her some big white lenses to match.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0