Canon will soon announce the Canon EOS R8 and Canon EOS R50 along with two new kit lenses

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
It looks like the rumors over the last few months are coming to fruition shortly. Canon will announce two camera bodies very soon alongside the recently uncovered Canon RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM. The long rumored Canon EOS R8 will be announced, along with the Canon EOS R50. If we’re going by the information in

See full article...

Yes! A new entry-level full-frame body is coming! :) I'm so excited (but not doing the dance just yet :) )
1.499 $ sounds more like a slightly upgraded RP successor to me instead of an true R successor. Possible Canon is merging those cameras to one offering, meaning there will be no R9 (RP successor).

If the R8 is a true R successor, than...

Please upgrade to...:
- 8 FPS mechanical with full focusing ability... of course, more is welcome if possible at that price point.
- better AF such as R7
- joystick or dial instead of a Touch Bar
- maybe IBIS --> to me, having no IBIS would not be a dealbreaker I guess

Please keep:
- the top dial
- the sensor (it's old, I know, but it still renders beautiful images and could cut costs - also 30 MP is a sweet spot imho)
- the ergonomics of the R
- possibility to attach the BG-E22 and therefore
- the battery (good enough for 500 pics...)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I have never had a camera with a top LCD. What makes it such a good feature on the R and R5?
I actually use it a lot to check my settings while shooting or using the camera on a tripod. Also, I don't like the wheel of the R6. But that's just my personal taste.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0