Search results

1. Vivid Color

A Canon RF 100mm f/2L IS USM Macro gets a mention [CR1]

I would like an RF update to Canon's 180mm macro.
  2. Vivid Color

Price Drop: Canon EOS RP w/24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM $999 (Reg $1399)

I bought this combo about a year ago right when the 24-240 was released and paid about twice the current price for it. I hadn't planned on doing so, but I injured my foot right before a trip to Morocco and I could not handle the weight of my 6D and several L lenses. So I took the RP with the...
  3. Vivid Color

Rare lens damaged in shipping, what would you do?

Why do you say you’ll probably go to Midwest Camera and show the lens to them? You don’t live very far away, just make an appointment and go there. It seems like they would have the answers to/advice regarding all of your questions, including whether the lens can be fixed, how much that would...
  4. Vivid Color

Using an iPAD and external drive for travel

OP: This is a very important point and not one to be underestimated. I don't know where you are going or the conditions you will be facing, but when I went to Tanzania a few years ago, I made the decision to stay in lodges not tented camps so I'd have more and continued access to power. What I...
  5. Vivid Color

Airliners

Thank you for the information. I didn't pay attention to the dates. I hope Surapon is well and just busy with other things.
  6. Vivid Color

Airliners

Dear Surapon, Those are fantastic shots you took from your window seat! Would you be willing to share your technique for getting such great shots? Mine never come out anywhere near like yours. Best regards, Vivid Color
  7. Vivid Color

Keeping your gear dry...

And it weighs a "mere" 3 pounds! That's a lot of weight, to me at least. And, FWIW, I used to watch the Flying Nun when I was a kid. :) Vivid
  8. Vivid Color

Specs & Images of the EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM & EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II Leak Out

Re: Images of the EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM & EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II Leak Out My first SLR was a Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic that was fully manual except for the light meter. I had four primes, or, as they were called at the time, fixed focal length lenses: 28 mm, 55 mm, 105 mm, and...
  9. Vivid Color

Skukuza Rest Camp in Kruger park

Unless you will be traveling with someone who is not a photographer, but is willing to hold another camera body and lens, I would only take two camera bodies. Depending on how many people are in the vehicle, space maybe tight and you may not have the space to spread out your equipment to a...
  10. Vivid Color

Update: Canon Speedlite 600 EX II-RT & EF-M 28mm f/3.5 IS STM Specifications

1.2x magnification with built-in lites for $299! I'm sold too! And maybe prices of the original RT 600 will come down..
  11. Vivid Color

"February 14" - Valentine's Day Comedy (Tamron 45mm 1.8 and LIT WITH IPHONES!)

I agree. It's a very sweet film and I loved the single guy.
  12. Vivid Color

Deal: Refurbished DSLR & Lens Deals at the Canon Store

Re: Deal: Refurbished DSLR & Lens Deals at the Canon Store The Canon refurbished store must've had elves helping them. My new lens, which I ordered yesterday at noon, arrived this afternoon! And I did not pay extra for this – – I just went with the regular free shipping. I was in such a rush to...
  13. Vivid Color

What stuff did you buy/sell in 2015?

Bought: Canon 50mm Macro Canon 16-35mm f/4L (ordered yesterday) Tiffen 77mm VND filter Donated: Canon Powershot s100 An older Nikon point-and-shoot
  14. Vivid Color

Patent: Canon EF 16-40mm f/4

Re: Patent: Canon EF 16-40mm f/4L I agree that this lens would join a crowded field. The only way it makes sense to me is if it were a non-L lens, perhaps with STM.
  15. Vivid Color

Deal: Refurbished DSLR & Lens Deals at the Canon Store

Re: Deal: Refurbished DSLR & Lens Deals at the Canon Store I lucked out and was able to buy the 16-35 mm F/4 lens. I've been wanting to get that lens for a long time but could not justify buying it at full price. And I've lost out on other refurb sales before because I didn't see the...
  16. Vivid Color

Patent: Canon EF-M 55mm f/3.5 Macro

I agree, an f/2.8 lens would've been better. I also would've preferred a slightly longer focal length.
  17. Vivid Color

New Canon USA Website

I agree that the new site is horrible and I also left feedback using the feedback link. It's really easy and quick to do and I encourage anyone who does not like the new layout of this website to provide your thoughts.
  18. Vivid Color

Flying to Dubai: Which lens should I buy

I assume from your question that you are only asking about shooting from your seat in the plane and not on the street. Although it will cut some light, I would suggest having a CPL at the ready as the glare off the window of the plane might need to be controlled. I also think the 18-55 kit lens...