Search results

1. sulla

Canon will release an APS-C RF mount camera(s) later in 2022 [CR3]

I don't think this is such a good idea, but as long as Canon don't waste time and resources producing a whole RF-S lens line, there is not much harm in putting a smaller sensor into an R-body to keep body prices low. Paired with a set of entry-level RF-glass it could keep prices low and offer a...
  2. sulla

Review: Canon EOS R3 final review by DPReviewTV

A very, very nice review, indeed!
  3. sulla

Canon has released an interactive brochure for the Canon EOS R3

At 30 fps that could be reached in 4,5 hours...
  4. sulla

I'd like a camera with a circular sensor, that would eliminate the need for rotation. Plus it would correct for my constant inability to get any horizon level...
  5. sulla

I also think every old hotshoe equipemnt should mount directly to the R3, albeit without (perfect) weather sealing. I think the smaller size of the ST-E10 over the ST-E3-RT is worth the purchase alone. The R3 with the mounted ST-E10 will fit more easily into my bag, and this is great. Weight is...
  6. sulla

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R3

OK, even better then. The Canon USA website for the technical specifications of the R3 https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-cameras/mirrorless/eos-r3/ doesn't mention it...
  7. sulla

and the best feature: DIRECT PRINTING IS NOT SUPPORTED !!!
  8. sulla

Looking great! 6000 EUR is steep though. I like the small speed-lite transmitter. The networking features are great. But I'm missing GPS...
  9. sulla

Exclusive! DPReview confirms what has already been confirmed. The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp

I was hoping for 30 MP, but I give in and accept it will be only 24... resolution-wise not a huge improvement over my 5D3. Let's see what this novel sensor can do in terms of dynamic range and if this justifies an upgrade... (the R5 very nearly got me, but not quite yet...)
  10. sulla

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

I'm not buying it. I'm not buying those numbers. Hey, 6,000 by 4,000 makes 24,000,000 pixels, 24.000000 MP. Anybody ever seen a camera with resolutions this "round"? In a decimal world, 6000 and 4000 might make sense, but we're living in a digital world where those numbers are not good. In a...
  11. sulla

Multiple mentions put the Canon EOS R3 sensor resolution “around 24mp”

I made a comparison using an actual image: I resized an original image to tiny size, once for 30MP and once for 24MP (ie. 89% on each side) and enlarged it in photoshop to show the inidividual pixel-raster. Thus, my example shows a tiny area (0.12% of the full image) of a whole image Can you...
  12. sulla

Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM to be one of the next lenses announced

What a nice lens. Up to now I have 2.8 zooms and a couple of 1.4 primes, but I guess in future I'll rather go with the smaller and lighter f/4 zooms and a few 1.2 primes, rather. The newer bodies handle high ISO-noise even better, and with IBIS the f/4 zooms should be no issue.
  13. sulla

The sensor in the upcoming Canon EOS R3 is designed and manufactured by Canon

that would be a competitive price. Like!
  14. sulla

The R5 camera outputs video data in HDMI format to the external recorder. I thinkt that reduces the load on the main processor greatly, because it doesn't have to compress that into h.265 format, that is done externally in the recorder. So the problem is the heat off the processor, not off the...
  15. sulla

No, the overheating isn't caused by the sensor. It is the processor that generates the "heat" and the insufficient heatsink that causes the "over".
  16. sulla

I doubt that an upgraded hotshoe (with spring loaded contacts) could match the data rates that 5 GHz WiFi can provide, ie transfer speeds of >1 Mb/s, considering the care that must be taken when making wired ethernet connections at that speed (ie double-shielding of cables and connectors...) On...
  17. sulla

Oh how I hope this thing is expensive beyond my reach...
  18. sulla

Canon EOS R3 to have a 30mp sensor? [CR1]

30 MP is pretty much perfect
  19. sulla

The Canon EOS R3 is out in the wild

oh, new Canon fangear!!!