Search results

1. P

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

But the camera was entirely incapable of "learning." That was the deceptive part of the marketing jargon.
  2. P

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

That would require partnership or licensing to Apple which Canon would NEVER do. Short of that, it's not going to match.
  3. P

I'm leery of the claims of "AI" as just being marketing jargon. They tried to claim previously "deep learning AF" when it was actually anything but.
  4. P

That's not happening. Register the camera's serial number to the website, connect the camera to the computer and download your paid software upgrade. My take on this is going forward the free upgrades will only include bug fixes. If you want all new FEATURES you'll have to pay for them.
  5. P

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

I would think they'd HAVE to have the flagship body officially released before the Olympics. If they only have prototypes than that means there wouldn't be any final firmware and no way to process any RAW files at the Olympics? That sounds crazy to me.
  6. P

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

I guess but I still think I can dial it in more accurately just by looking at it, lol.
  7. P

The flagship is mainly marketed to the news and sports photographers so yes, it's a smaller market. They know full well it's not going to sell R5 quantities.
  8. P

Call me crazy but when I started seeing a live view of my exposure in the EVF, metering suddenly meant very little to me anymore. ‍
  9. P

No way. It doesn't have dual CF Express card slots and it goes against their 4 year pro cam cycle which has been consistent forever.
  10. P

The Canon EOS R1 will come well before the EOS R5 Mark II [CR3]

I expect the flagship will be announced and "shipping" before the Olympics. And I also expect there will be gobs of the cameras available from the onsite CPS office to any of the credentialed press there.
  11. P

The Canon EOS R1 will come well before the EOS R5 Mark II [CR3]

As the first "mirrorless" flagship, I would fully expect it to be redesigned from scratch. Makes perfect sense to me.
  12. P

Canon EOS R3 Mark II planned for 2025

I'm perplexed you can get a solid R3 II rumor but we still haven't gotten anything solid on the flagship which hasn't even had a development announcement yet?
  13. P

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM delayed to the second half of 2024

Well I for one am glad I was wrong, I didn't think this lens was coming any longer. Not sure I'll be in the market for it but at least it'll be there if I should change my mind.
  14. P

Canon will bring an RF 400mm f/4 DO IS USM to the lineup in 2024

Believe me, I'd love to see it! Right now my "want" focus is on the variable teleconverter rumored earlier this year.
  15. P

Canon Patent Application: Full Frame Quad Pixel Sensor

Which makes it ideal for the flagship camera because they almost always have dual processors and or maybe quad processors for this?
  16. P

It's not coming. The rumored superzoom that was believed to have possibly been a 200-500 just came out as a 200-800.
  17. P

Same. I'm convinced the rumored RF 200-500 f4L just came out as a 200-800.
  18. P

Canon adds two new lenses to the short supply list

I’m not particularly worried. I got my 100-300 on day one, I should get this one too.
  19. P

Canon RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z to be announced this week

It's going to be completely redundant but I just can't let a unicorn lens go. I'm keeping the 28-70 f2 even after getting the 24-105 f2.8.
  20. P

Canon RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z to be announced this week

Once I got the 100-300 2.8, I barely touched the 70-200 for the first three months and now the 70-200 is gone. Don't need it. And for the record, it was the EF vIII so it wasn't going to be around long anyways.