Search results

1. O

5D IV and SIGMA 8-15 for 4k?

Gday. You're in luck! I have both the 5d4 and the Sigma 8-16 crop lens. However, I am travelling and don't have the sigma with me right now. If no one has replied to your query by 5th Jan, PM me and i'll do a quick test for you. Oscar
  2. O

Sigma 20 ART + Condensation

Gday. As a happy owner of a Sigma Art 20mm f1.4; I have found myself - twice now - suffering from trying to take photos and realising the front element is fogged up. This is something that I haven't experienced generally until now. The first time this happened I was up on a mountain at night...
  3. O

5D III mode dial cap fell off

Hi. The same happened to my 6D. I got it fixed under warranty, then it happened again. So I meh'd it. A few years later ... THE BUTTON fell off! The button in the middle that one presses to change the mode! it fell off. .. so i pushed it back in and shrugged it off. I now carry tape to tape up...
  4. O

tips for Europe trip

Gday ... as for your test pack. I strongly suggest you pack under whatever airline carry-on allowance you'll be subject to. My 6D, 24-105, flash, 8-15mm fisheye, 70-300mm, battery, charger, laptop and backpack weigh around 8.5kg. I am over the 7kg but i can always take the laptop out and say its...
  5. O

tips for Europe trip

Gday. I have not travelled to Europe since buying my DSLR kit, but I have travelled elsewhere. I always travel with 6D, 24-105L, 70-300L, 8-15mm L fisheye, flash, tripod, polarisers, flash hat (phong hat) I have found that: - I use the 24-105L most of the time. - the fisheye is next most...
  6. O

Can this 7D package be worth over $9500?

Without trying to be funny OP: This kit is worth like ... $2000 7d + 1 lens maybe $1000 if you get it second hand. 75-300 is a pretty crappy lens. two lens adapters - maybe $30 on ebay, also crappy quality 580exII flash is good, maybe $400 2x uv filters? .. when you have 1 lens. ... < $20...
  7. O

Yet another question re ultrawide lenses

Gday. I think i'll just throw a bit of option in here. The sigma 8-16 works on FF down to 13mm or so, or more if you don't mind doing some cropping later. If you hack the hood off, you'll get even more coverage, but no hood. nB: I haven't hacked my lens' hood off yet, tempted.
  8. O

(How) do you actually use the 6d/70d wifi remote control app?

I also like uploading to facebook directly from the camera (via phone wifi access point) love that feature. saves time having to go home and do it from there. I must say though, the upload to webservice feature UI could be better - way better. I hope the Magic Lantern people can one day...
  9. O

(How) do you actually use the 6d/70d wifi remote control app?

Gday. I've a 6d. Yes, the canon wifi app is pretty limited. However, DSLR controller from the android store pretends to be a normal computer running EOS Utility to the camera. As such, it can do it all! Bracket, HDR, transfer raws, tethered shooting, etc, etc. In practice, i found it a bit...
  10. O

Bad Photography Rant

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bundeena/beauty-treatments/uber-shots/1024033016 :'(
  11. O

Wrecked my 6D today, what a POS

My 6d stood upto quite a few hours of rain before the rear buttons started malfunctioning, but it luckily never stopped working I rice bowled it and after a day or so all seemed fine. Except one button at the back didn't recover. I took it to warranty with the, "I dunno?! This button won't...
  12. O

70D or 6D

Hmm. Given people's suggestions that my centre AF is a bit banged ... I might consider it getting checked out. The situation I had where it didn't work was taking photos of some dancers, in low light. The dancers had moments where they would stand still for a second or so, and I would shoot...
  13. O

70D or 6D

Gday. I've a 6D with the 24-105 I've a 50d with a 15-85 I got the 6d cos of GPS/wifi/ff/pixels/ISO over the 50d. I thought, meh, at crappy AF, I already had crappy AF. I was used to centre+recompose anyway. So 1 good AF point was ok. Turns out .. it wasn't okay. Turns out the 50d centre...
  14. O

70-300 DO - is it worth getting it?

I considered the DO for a long time. The weird bokeh and hazey images didn't convince me. When the L came out I knew my prayers were answered. I bought the L and it's amazing. My advice: Don't by the DO. Save up a bit more.
  15. O

Does it make sense to keep my EF 100mm f2.0?

Gday. I've the 100f2 and I have tried the 100L macro. I don't like the slowpoke AF of the macro, compared to the 100f2. The 100f2 focusses instantly! The L doesn't have the purple fringing, which I find a total pain. If I were you I'd sell the 100 f2, and maybe replace it with the 135mm L...
  16. O

dissapointed 6d 100mm f2 and 24mm 2.8 (non l)

Gday about depth of field. It's proportional to aperture, distance, and focal length. At your distance I'm pretty sure it would have been in focus at wide open. Check dof master website, google it, and learn some sample values. Also, just like one doesn't run a marathon with brand new shoes...
  17. O

Also .. I wasn't using the 100 f2 nor the 24 2.8 non IS. That was with the 24-105L I think. If you look at the-digital-picture resolution charts, you'll find out that if you're shooting at small apertures there isn't any point to using a prime lens. I find my 100 f2 to be inappropriate to use...
  18. O

Gday. I can relate to jimjamesjimmy I have a 6d, a 24 f2.8 non IS, a 100 f2 and I recently went to Egypt! Here's a photo. I found that Egypt photos are tricky. Firstly, the sky is always dusty, even a clear day is still kinda dusty. Secondly, it's really really bright. Which means...
  19. O

Manual focussing support OTHER than live view on 5D3

You can also buy a "chipped" mount converter, or alternatively, a "chip" for your lens and put that in the mount. Then you can use the AF confirm function of the camera that lights up when you MF an AF lens into focus while in MF mode. That, or live view Or Magic lantern + Live view Or 3rd...
  20. O

eos solution disk

I don't remeber if i tried googling for the certs. But, I've the cd, and that worked, so .. yay me.