Can this 7D package be worth over $9500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without trying to be funny OP:
This kit is worth like ... $2000

7d + 1 lens maybe $1000 if you get it second hand. 75-300 is a pretty crappy lens.
two lens adapters - maybe $30 on ebay, also crappy quality
580exII flash is good, maybe $400
2x uv filters? .. when you have 1 lens. ... < $20. Probs crappy filters to
+ misc stuff. tops $200

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
As a package, perhaps $2000..... But I doubt it

Buying separately, camera $1100, lens $200, flash $200, rest of the kit.... Perhaps $200 if you overpaid... That's about $1700.... Wonder where the other $7800 comes from.....

What you are looking at iis Internet fraud..... Post item at insane price.... Your friend purchases it with a stolen credit card.... You then ship it off to them and when the fraudulent card bounces, you claim to the credit card company that you were ripped off and get a refund....

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Gareth said:
No. The seller is probably temporarily out of stock, so for whatever reason, they opted to jack the price up to something unrealistic so no one would buy, rather than end the listing. I see this happen from time to time.

Correct answer. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but I've seen companies do this before. I bought some Yongnuo 622 triggers once from a U.S. based company. Went to get some more and the price had more than doubled. I sent them a note to ask what happened and they responded that they temporarily were out of stock.

Sure enough, in about a week the price went back down and I ordered them.

Upvote 0
May 31, 2011
unfocused said:
Gareth said:
No. The seller is probably temporarily out of stock, so for whatever reason, they opted to jack the price up to something unrealistic so no one would buy, rather than end the listing. I see this happen from time to time.

Correct answer. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but I've seen companies do this before. I bought some Yongnuo 622 triggers once from a U.S. based company. Went to get some more and the price had more than doubled. I sent them a note to ask what happened and they responded that they temporarily were out of stock.

Sure enough, in about a week the price went back down and I ordered them.

I do that with Amazon. let's say I'm going on vacation and I don't want to suspend and relist I will up the price by a factor of ten and change it when I get back.

Upvote 0
Don Haines said:

Buying separately, camera $1100, lens $200, flash $200, rest of the kit.... Perhaps $200 if you overpaid... That's about $1700.... Wonder where the other $7800 comes from.....

What you are looking at iis Internet fraud..... Post item at insane price.... Your friend purchases it with a stolen credit card.... You then ship it off to them and when the fraudulent card bounces, you claim to the credit card company that you were ripped off and get a refund....

You value a brand new 580exII at $200? Have any you'd care to sell "used" for $150???

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
steve126a said:
Don Haines said:

You value a brand new 580exII at $200? Have any you'd care to sell "used" for $150???

580ex, $200.... 580exII, $500...

Btw, the price on the kit is now $1264 with no flash..... That's about the expected price for a kit of low end stuff that someone is trying to clear out....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.