Search results

1. W

Smartphones Already Won -- Laforet

I was thinking this the other day using my iPhone 6+ Vs my old 1d mk3 1dmk3 10mp 10fps decent buffer highest ISO 3200 (above that is unusable) iPhone 6+ 8mp lots of fps ( not sure but it's fast and buffer seems crazy deep) Don't think high ISO it matches the 1d3 but it's decent low ISO dr it...
  2. W

Sigma 85mm vs. 70-200 II

i dunno about you but at f2 my sigma 85 is noticably sharper than either of my 70-200 mk2 are at f2.8 and in very low light the 1.4 is a god send
  3. W

Lensrentals: Tamrom 15-30 VC f/2.8 vs. Canon 16-35 f/2.8 II vs Nikon 14-24 f/2.8

interesting read. looks like i'll hang onto my 16-35 for a while yet since my most used focla lengths are 16mm, 20mm and 35mm with not much in between so results at 23mm mean little to me. still right now my most used UWA is the little 11-22 on the EOS-M :o i also really like the way the 7...
  4. W

First Images of the Canon EOS M3

Re: First Image of the Canon EOS M3 i'm actually looking forward to the m3, and how is it you can say the a6000 spanks the noodles out of it? on paper or have you actually used them side by side? I have and all i can say is the a6000 is far from perfect and they are so similar in performance...
  5. W

5 Things We need to Forget About as Photographers (by Jay Goodrich)

totally agree here alot of this stuff does have its place when used properly
  6. W

Canon 28-300L 'super-zoom'

no sign of an update for the L coming, look second hand they seem to move around a bit but to be honest after having the lens and selling it its not worth the money better off with the 16-35 a fast 50 and the 70-200 a 16-35 f4L IS + 50f1.4 + 70-200 f4L IS is going to cost less weigh less and...
  7. W

now this is what Canon should have started ten years ago

my dad got the a6000 when it came out with the top end ziess zoom 16-70 f4 or something like that its an ok camera but i was playing with it side by side while using my eos-m and 11-22 the things i noticed are the a6000 AF is not very accurate while it's burst rate blows the doors off the eos...
  8. W

Samsung NX400 with NX1 BSI sensor

bummer but it will be interesting to see how this lens performs Samsung S 11-24mm f/2.8 ED OIS so far the indications of the IQ and the AF performance of the NX1 really make me have a good hard look at this upcoming little brother
  9. W

If you could only use one lens for landscape photography, which one and why?

EF-M 11-22 IS on my EOS M and EOS-M IR conversion actually its all i've been using lately... heres a couple from NYE on the bund in shanghai
  10. W

50 Art "squeaky" AF sound

no mice in mine mate
  11. W

Round light flash diffuser experience?

I've got the expensive genuine one, its great does drop about 1.5 stops of light from a speedlight I found its better with the godox 360 can be used off camera as a nice softbox too very very portable and convenient the knock offs look good too
  12. W

Samsung NX400 with NX1 BSI sensor

that looks nice! any idea if you can get adapters to use EF-M lenses? i could see this living attached to my 11-22...
  13. W

Next Lens Purchase...where is the gap in my gear?

since money doesn't seem to be much of a stumbling block here i really think you should go and have good hard look at the 200-400 f4L IS with built in TC. sure the new 100-400 looks sweet too but i dont think there is too much that can match the 200-400 i also second the 135 (since i got mine...
  14. W

EF 100-400mm II - first impressions

um why not take the TC off and use it at 400 and f5.6 and have access to all the points and faster AF... ?
  15. W

Have you repaired your 50 Art?

cant try it on another body in the shop? its wierd mine was so far off out of the box but after calibration its been fine, sure it misses now and then but definitely not anything as bad as the canon 50 f1.4. I wonder if your new body firmware messed it up? can you try roll back the 1Dx firmware...
  16. W

Just picked up a 7D

on the 7D i would go with the sigma 18-35 f1.8 first as a general zoom if you are in any doubt how good this lens is on a 7D have a look at the lens sample section and see the images people have posted there. I don't have the lens but if i did have a crop i would have that lens...
  17. W

What would you choose to complement a 50mm prime?

none of your options probably tamron 15-30 f2.8 VC and 135 f2L
  18. W

@Anti-DRones: Dali's dream ... Sony A7R ... why low ISO DR matters

he should have bracketed even with the legendary a7R on that one
  19. W

Sigma 35 Art and the USB dock - calibration tips appreciated

oh its also a bit of pain in the arse taking the lens on and off the camera have a body cap nearby to keep poping on the body. I shoot a group of 5 shots for each one defocusing manually and refocusing between each shot also do this shooting tethered using eos utility its much faster as you can...
  20. W

5Dmk3 grip rubber coming loose

didnt bother fixing it yet just gonna keep using it till its really bad then i'll fix it as mt spokane suggested seems cps membership in the US gives benefits however here in australia the benefit is not so good