Search results

1. B

Canon Introduces Multi-Feature Firmware Update for EOS C70 4K Digital Cinema Camera

"The firmware update will be available as a free download on December 8th, 2022"
  2. B

A Canon EOS R7 C is on the way, but not in 2022 [CR3]

Slightly concerned that "C-versions" of cameras will holdup video-based advancements in the "normal" lines, but doubt Canon cares about any of that short term. Any major advancement in cooling capabilities would go pretty far with combining these lines in the future. Do agree the RF APS-C lens...
  3. B

A Canon EOS R7 C is on the way, but not in 2022 [CR3]

APS-C is close to Super35 and a preferred style/look for many. Should closer match a lot of the current cinema lineup. Some also want the added reach, but doubt that matters for most here.
  4. B

New Cinema Lenses To Be 20-50mm and 45-135mm

This is cinema glass, not the "regular" photo lenses. Most C-branded cameras are EF mount and still actively being sold. Other camera manufacturers also work with EF mount natively. Lens is easily adapted/switched to PL which is used by even more cinema and ENG camera bodies. I'd love to...
  5. B

New Cinema Lenses To Be 20-50mm and 45-135mm

That 45-135mm is a great range, but wish it was a little longer to 150mm.
  6. B

Further clarification on the upcoming Canon CINI lenses

I'd like to see the servo unit "swappable" between lenses in the line to reduce bulk and cost, but that's probably asking too much. I'm good with F4/T4.4 on this style lens and think many are. I'd rather see a 35-150 (or similar) if they're going to limit the line to two lenses. The 70-200 is...
  7. B

Laowa introduces the 20mm f/4 Zero-D shift lens for Canon RF and EF

Is there any update on the RF patent "issues" preventing 3rd parties from offering autofocus and/or electronic communication? Last time it was discussed, it seemed like this was basically going to delay the more typical third party RF lenses (Tamron, Sigma, etc.) until around 2026 or later.
  8. B

That’s all folks, for me anyway. Canon Rumors will live on.

I'm done with the bro's and competition to be first with so very little focus on creating or imagery. Best of luck in your next venture. Hope your Bengals can turn this month around for you.
  9. B

What’s next for the Canon Cinema EOS line?

NAB likely will happen, but it might not be truly international and it likely will not be well attended. No one I work with is planning to attend in 2022, even if it gets moved to another date.
  10. B

Here are some Canon EOS R5 C specifications

This looks like an amazing tool. At this point, price will determine everything. Assume it "has" to be somewhere between the $3900 for R5 and $5500 for C70. My wallet is hoping closer to the R5, but expecting to be disappointed.
  11. B

Here are some Canon EOS R5 C specifications

Can't wait for the price.
  12. B

Confirmed: Canon EOS R5c to be announced next month [CR3]

Does Canon view the FX3 as the main competition here, or is it Nikon? Most people I know mostly want a Canon version of the FX3 that shoots better quality still images with much better native control/adapter of EF lenses. The rumored specs seems to be heading in that direction. Nikons are not...
  13. B

The Canon EOS R5c is coming in the first quarter of 2022 [CR2]

Modular, to an extent. EVF probably not what everyone is expecting. Sounding like this will be more like an XC10 with RF mount than C70 or R5 style. Time will tell.
  14. B

The Canon EOS R5c is coming in the first quarter of 2022 [CR2]

The more that comes out about this, the more it sounds like a box camera design. Not sure if it will be the "hybrid" many were/are hoping for. Price will determine almost everything. While 8K/30 is nice, it certainly is not 100% necessary all the time. Solid 4K/6K recording with higher frame...
  15. B

Canon Introduces Their First Dual Fisheye Lens for Stereoscopic 3D 180° VR Capture in 8K

The EOS VR Plug-In for Adobe Premiere Pro sounds interesting.
  16. B

Updated: Scammed: The X-Tra battery campaign on Kickstarter

I was skeptical of their claims on performance and how it would work with genuine Canon cameras that basically need some kind of communication with LPE6/LPE6N. I've used a lot of 3rd party batts for video work in the past and nothing gives you the reliability of the Canon battery metering...
  17. B

Kickstarter: This Revolutionary Camera Battery will Lighten Your Bag and Change the Way You Shoot

Wonder what compatibility is ACTUALLY like. I've used a LOT of LPE6 USB battery adapter products like Tether Tools in the past and you cannot always shoot "continuous" indefinitely if the camera senses the battery is draining. Sometimes camera needs to be turned off in-between USB brick...
  18. B

Canon confirms September 24, 2020 announcement for the Canon Cinema EOS C70

Stills at 8MP might as well be some form of video still capture. Certainly hope this camera is capable of more than that...
  19. B

I just wanted to clarify things about the EOS R5 and EOS R6 from yesterday’s report

Plus a stitching process in post. Even last year they had an external recorder array with tether attached to the behemoth to record 8K RAW. https://global.canon/en/news/2019/20190219.html