Search results

1. R

Leaked: Sigma 105mm f/1.4 HSM Art

This lens looks very heavy. I wonder at f2 how it compares with the Canon 100 f2.
  2. R

Tripod collar sticks on 70-200 2.8

One day the collar was fine the next day it was really screwed up. I tried putting it back on but it won't turn and could easily get jammed in place for no obvious reason. Really strange. I use the lens every day so I hesitate to send it to CPS .
  3. R

Tripod collar sticks on 70-200 2.8

The tripod collar on my 70-200 2.8 got stuck. It was tight and made a terrible grinding sound. I took me nearly a week to get it to turn enough to remove it. The screws below it on the lens seem to be tight. Is there a DIY fix ?
  4. R

A New EF 70-200mm is Coming in 2018 [CR3]

Sure an updated 70-200 is exciting, but for once can Canon focus its attention on reliable flash metering. It's 2018 My current zoom is sharp but my camera has unreliable metering. I'm in no hurry for another lens.
  5. R

5d3 Vs 5d4

I enjoyed the many comments here. I decided not to upgrade until major price reductions become availabe. Going to the 5Dlll from the 1Dmkll was a treat. My favorite features are the silent shutter and high iso quality. I have issues that I hope are improved with the mk4. Excess red/magenta in...
  6. R

Cost for CPS to inspect impact damage

Thanks everybody. I appreciate you taking the time to comment
  7. R

Cost for CPS to inspect impact damage

I want to send my 5D mklll, 70-200 2.8, and 580 ll speedlight to CPS for inspection and evaluation after the strap slipped off my shoulder and the gear fell on carpet covered floor. The gear does not look damaged. If my cover letter includes the words "impact" and "fell on the floor" will that...
  8. R

70-200 mkll tripod mount ring stuck on lens

Anyone here experience their 70-200 mkll tripod mount ring getting stuck on the lens. It happed to me and it took days to remove it. It no longer fits properly and will not turn without binding. The sliver alignment screws are not loose. It's an odd and frustrating problem.
  9. R

5D MK 4 photos compared to MK3

So can we presume that using an XRite Passport Color Checker all the bodies compared would have matching skin color ?
  10. R

Thanks, Lurker Very interesting, helpful, and frustrating comparison photos. The 5D MKlll example seems to reveal an excess of red in the skin color, especially compared to the others. Rex
  11. R

I admit some degree of my skintone challenges can be connected to my less than sterling mastery of Photoshop. I'm careful about creating a custom white balance, and I often use the XRite Passport color checker, but I routinely find my self working to remove red and magenta from skin color. Since...
  12. R

I'm curious how average pictures or portraits compare between the 5D 4 & 5D 3. Has anyone here done side by side comparisons or seen a web posting comparing the two. I've been frustrated by the red/magenta color cast in skin tone using my mk 3 and wonder if the mk4 offers any improvement.
  13. R

Canon flash

Re: Canon Canon
  14. R

Canon flash

15. R

Canon flash

Re: Canon I'm sure glad Norm showed up. No doubt a guy with a client list, portfolio, and list of awards to rival the "experts" here. He clearly speaks from real experience and a sound mind.
  16. R

Canon flash

17. R

Canon flash

18. R

Canon flash

19. R

Canon flash