Search results

1. W

Canon EOS Rebel T5i Leaks

the same way comments on the link make the connection to D600? Lacking sense of humor, are we? :)
  2. W

Canon EOS Rebel T5i Leaks

if one boils the cam in water blended with some chemicals it improves sensor performance I hear... ;D I kid I kid! http://nikonrumors.com/2013/03/17/nikon-repair-center-saves-a-lens-damaged-by-salt-water-by-boiling-it.aspx/ Let's wait until we see some images? Now that DR wars seem to be...
  3. W

errr

Yep - boiling D600 to fix the sensor dust issue entertained me quite a bit last night... :D Cheers!
  4. W

errr

interesting approach :P: http://nikonrumors.com/2013/03/17/nikon-repair-center-saves-a-lens-damaged-by-salt-water-by-boiling-it.aspx/ Cheers!
  5. W

Suggestions for Zoom Lens for Canon Mark 5D Mark iii

+1 for the 70-200. Also, as it was mentioned earlier, Tamron 17-50 is for crop cameras even though it has EF mount. Hence it is not an option for 5D mk3... Cheers!
  6. W

best NON L long lens

Sigma 120-400, 150-500 or Tamron 200-500? Not sure about the USD price but I dont think they are significantly cheaper than the 10-400 L... Cheers!
  7. W

A Film Look

How about this? http://www.dxo.com/intl/photo/filmpack/what_is_dxo_filmpack Cheers!
  8. W

Tamron 28-300mm as walk around lens with 5D Mk III???

I don't have first hand experience either with the exception of trying it at a store but resolution characteristics of the Tamron seem to be it's weakness, especially at the long end. One cannot expect anything stellar out of a super zoom at that price point though... I would expect the 24-105...
  9. W

Photozone spanks the 24-70 F4 USM L IS

Good reasoning but does being a unique one-lens option provide that sort of value? One could think of it in the opposite direction too; it is only f/4, not a true macro at 0.7, and neither much (if) better than the competition optically. After all, I guess we all agree, it is worth for...
  10. W

Photozone spanks the 24-70 F4 USM L IS

+1 Cannot really see the point with this lens, one could get tammy 24-70 + 100 mm non-L macro lens for that amount and these two are f/2.8 lenses after all... Cheers!
  11. W

Timelapse of the Aurora in Finland

Hi Kernuak, Amazing... Also checked the images - great stuff... in "Road Aurora" was it in part red or is it an illusion due to the main colour being lime? Cheers!
  12. W

Will the 70d have a new sensor?

I voted "yes" but I am highly inaccurate in my guesses about what Canon will do so prepare for diappointment ;D
  13. W

Weird behavior of my EF 24-105 L

Re: Weird bhavior of my EF 24-105 L I will agree with many others that a service is in order if this is occurring for handheld shots . With regards to IS on tripod, 24-105 does not sense tripod and might try to correct camera shake causing blurry images instead (not always but quite frequently...
  14. W

Lens purchase strategy

Hello all, I imagine many of us are having a kind of strategy to purchase lenses that cover our needs for the shooting style we have. My approach was to get f/4 zooms (back problems) and combine them with fast primes for low light and better sharpness (even though latest f/2.8 zooms seem to...
  15. W

70-400/ f4.0-5.6 Zoom ... Canon, where are you?

Sony had the version 1 of this lens on the market for a couple of years now though. Flattery remaining all the same regardless ;) Cheers!
  16. W

Couldn't do this again if I tried

Very nice! Congrats! :)
  17. W

Please help me.

Though none of the lenses have enough DR so you might like to reconsider! ;D I kid I kid!
  18. W

Please help me.

If you need fast zooms +1 for EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS (or the Tamron equivalent without the vibration compensation - it is a sharp lens) otherwise I would say 15-85 or the 24-105... Also, I went for the 100mm non L as macro lens and never looked back... Lastly, I have a 70-200 f/4 IS which is a...
  19. W

Latest version of DPP

http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/cameras/Digital_SLR/EOS_5D_Mark_III.aspx?type=download&page=1