Search results

1. Mr.Magic

High Megapixel Camera to Come in Two Variants? [CR1]

As Canon wouldn't do the D800-D800E split, I'm not reading this as a high megapixel camera in 2 variants, but as a high mexapixel SENSOR coming in 2 variants: - in DSLR - in Mirrorless Let's hope....
  2. Mr.Magic

First fast prime for weddings & portraits

Currently, I'm think I made up my mind, thanks to the comments, so I guess the decision is made: I'll go for the Sigma 85mm f1.4, as it gets good reviews (just the AF has to be a good copy). I'll probably also go for the sigma 35mm f1.4. Why: 35 = general purpose, 85mm = definite portrait...
  3. Mr.Magic

First fast prime for weddings & portraits

Hi all! To set the scene: I've been working with zoom lenses for the past 3 years (24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f4 IS). I use a 5DmkIII, and as backup a 650D/Rebel. Now, I want to take my photography further, as I absolutely admire the look of photo's taken with a fast prime lens, being f1.2 or f1.4...
  4. Mr.Magic

Post Your Best Landscapes

I'm in a competition with this picture - please click here: http://canon.nrc.nl/Picture/view/9682 - push STEM just left underneath the picture and fill in your e-mail thanks a million!
  5. Mr.Magic

*UPDATE* Here's an Invite for March 2, 2012

Re: Here's an Invite for March 2, 2012 Do you mean that at this moment, there are a lot more IXUS signs visible at this location?? That would be 100% logical: imagine using 5DmkIII posters/signs on this location, they would just 'give' us the announcement already then ;D
  6. Mr.Magic

Pre-Order Canon 5D Mark III

Voted 'no'. I will definitely buy it, but not at launch, probably too expensive then. I just bought a used 5D classic, so will buy the 5DIII when prices drop (end 2012-early 2013).
  7. Mr.Magic

*UPDATE* Here's an Invite for March 2, 2012

Re: Here's an Invite for March 2, 2012 Yes yes, he's coming! Ps: this invite is in Italian, so an event in Italy probably as well then.. Ps: the little cupcake next to the coffee looks really good :P
  8. Mr.Magic

Lack of information with announcement so close

NDA's expire on the 2nd, so probably announcement on the 1st. So test shots of pre-production cameras can only be put online the day after, like with the D800. Note: March 1st 1987: announcement of the first EOS ever: EOS650 --> 25th anniversary is an nice announcement date :)
  9. Mr.Magic

What gear besides 5DX/III for weddings, portraits & travel with limited budget?

Re: What gear next to new 5DX/III for weddings, portraits and travel? Unfortunately, I really like the shallow DOF of the 2.8 lenses. So the 24-70 remains, which makes I need a tele as well (I'd rent this the first years). Ps: added a poll
  10. Mr.Magic

*BUSTED* 5D Mark III & 5D X Specs?

Re: 5D Mark III & 5D X Specs? I don't understand: 5D was once famous for the first with high MP 5DII exactly the same 5DIII would then normally be high MP as well 1DX merges full frame with high fps You would expect 5DX to do the same: combine ff and high fps Based on rumors they would do...
  11. Mr.Magic

Leaked photo of 5DIII/X to be 38MP ?

Someone on the dpreview forum did some calculations and I just wanted to share this: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1032&thread=40642634 Based on the size of the LCD screen, the size of the zoom area on the back of the camera it might be 38MP... For me personnaly, I hope...
  12. Mr.Magic

Re: What gear next to new 5DX/III for weddings, portraits and travel? Good idea in fact of bying the 5DX in a kit with the new 24-70, the price at that time of the kit will then decide which one I'll be doing. Of course, when I'm at a wedding I always take 2 bodies with me. I will keep on...
  13. Mr.Magic

Hi all! My problem: I am thinking for a few weeks now what will be my future camera bag content and I don’t know where to head in the future related to purchases. I don’t do photography for a living but I give a high value for good photographs, so I’m limited in budget. So two 1DX cameras is...
  14. Mr.Magic

5D Mark III/X Information [CR1]

At the moment I'm still thinking these specs are listed once somewhere and everyone one is repeating it, because it is so good, and almost everyone will be happy with it. On the other hand, the nikon d800 specs were also always the same, and it appeared to be true. So where is the point of...
  15. Mr.Magic

How does Canon respond to the D800?

The wildlife/architecture/macro/motor sport/plant/landscape/product photographers can use another AF mode :) Come on, as if a high fps, or spot metering, or 61 af points, or high iso's are useful for every type of photographer. It's just an extra option that's nice :)
  16. Mr.Magic

It's not vital, it's handy. You can switch from one shot to another without having to over/under expose manually for different situations, or to zoom in or use spot metering to meter on the face/subject. With this feature you can keep your framing and it automatically takes the exposure on the...
  17. Mr.Magic

It's an extremely usefull feature, excellent for outdoor portraits, wedding photography, etc. If you look at the results Cliff Matuner reached with it (http://cliffmautner.typepad.com/), it's really awesome, getting this without exposure compensation. Way too long! The announcement later this...
  18. Mr.Magic

These results are amazing! Whatever MP Canon includes in the new 5D, they also have to include: - AF and exposure metering based on face recognition as in the D800 --> this is incredibly well working looking at the pictures mentioned in the link above, this without exposure compensation! I want...
  19. Mr.Magic

*UPDATE* 5D Mark III - February 7, 2012 [CR2]

Specs look awesome, a bit too awesome if you ask me for the $ 2500 price range. In order to keep it in the correct price range to make this camera a real sales wonder, they have to keep AF points under pro level, let's say around 15 cross type AF points, and under 7 fps, something like 4.5-5.5 fps.
  20. Mr.Magic

*UPDATE* 5D Mark III Sighting?

- No pop-up flash -> FF - Dual card slot -> high end camera - New designed buttons -> they received good comments from 7D users - 16:9 screen -> video oriented - rate button -> video oriented could be 24 fps, 30, 60 etc (blue buttons might mean 'not taking pictures', so it could mean like we all...