Search results

1. mdmphoto

Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM Review

Brazilian, or Red-Crested Cardinal: have a habit of stopping down once, for sharpness; though with this lens the difference between F/8 and F/11 @ 400mm is negligible...
  2. mdmphoto

Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM Review

R5, RF 100-400: 1/320 @ F/11, ISO 2500 LRC Denoise, 40% crop...
  3. mdmphoto

Have you preordered an RF 200-800mm?

...I pre-ordered from B&H on 11/3, sold my RF800 on eBay (BIG Mistake with the fees) and am on pins and needles waiting to see if I get my lens close to the shipping date.
  4. mdmphoto

Are new dream lenses coming for the RF mount? [CR1]

...would that RF 1mm-1000mm f/1L IS USM Macro Tilt-Shift Pancake also be a fish-eye lens, - that could additionally offer the potential for a rectilinear correction?!!!
  5. mdmphoto

Show your Bird Portraits

mmmmmm, - Ramen!!!
  6. mdmphoto

Show your Bird Portraits

PLEASE Stop Already! (I'm already working hard to find things to sell, trying to be Extra Good around the house, and eating out of cans trying to put together the cash to move up to an R5!) Beautiful photos, By the Way!
  7. mdmphoto

Show your Bird Portraits

Mahalo, Click!
  8. mdmphoto

Show your Bird Portraits

...just a few random shots, EOS R, RF 800...
  9. mdmphoto

The Canon RF 600mm f/11 IS STM and RF 800mm f/11 IS STM were inspired by lenses from the 1960’s

Thanks for your response and suggestion: I suspect the finished product has more to do with my image-processing shortcomings. Certain ISOs, in particular, seem to challenge my abilities more than other, - even higher, ones, one way or another, but I will continue to research, practice, and...
  10. mdmphoto

The Canon RF 600mm f/11 IS STM and RF 800mm f/11 IS STM were inspired by lenses from the 1960’s

I like that the AF is fast and accurate, and I particularly like being able to handhold this lens; I couldn't get this shot with my Tamron 150-600 G2: ISO 6400, 1/1600: ...maybe this one, - just maybe, at ISO 3200, 1/1600:
  11. mdmphoto

I am thrilled with the RF800 lens performance shooting surfers from shore in light just before sunset using the EOS R; which handles higher ISO noise a lot better than my 7D MkII, or my former 5Ds!
  12. mdmphoto

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

Dual Sensing IS?
  13. mdmphoto

Show your Bird Portraits

Excellent series, ISv...
  14. mdmphoto

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks, Click....
  15. mdmphoto

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks, Lion...!
  16. mdmphoto

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks, Nat; actually, here in Honolulu, they nest all over the downtown area....
  17. mdmphoto

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks, Jack; I was actually hoping to catch a feeding, but the parents never returned, and it started to sprinkle a little, so, being on my bike I decided to start riding back home. Just as I started to pack my gear, though, the chick began to demonstrate an interest in eating, I think....
  18. mdmphoto

Show your Bird Portraits

Faery Tern Chick, 7D II, Sigma 150-500, 1/500, f/6.3, ISO 800, 500mm
  19. mdmphoto

Any thing Shot with a 5ds/r

a few shots with my recently-acquired lightly used 5Ds:
  20. mdmphoto

First 6DMKII photoshoot (WEDDING P3, DEER P6)

Re: First 6DMKII photoshoot ...Okay, NOW you're just showing Off!!!! Wonderful shots, and a great exposition of the 6D II's qualities and capabilities....