Search results

1. timkbryant

What is this camera?

I think this post is likely misplaced, but this subforum most describes what I'm asking. I came across the following photo yesterday, and looking at it more I saw it's a Canon film SLR. I'm not as handy with the film bodies as I am the DSLRs, so I was wondering if you all could help me ID it...
  2. timkbryant

Constantly flashing read/access light on 5D3

A few days ago I dropped my 5D3 from about 6 inches. When I turned it on, the read/access light (you know the red one) wouldn't stop flashing. Well, it wouldn't stop flashing when the CF card slot was selected. I tried turning the camera off and back on again. Nothing. Same for taking the CF...
  3. timkbryant

5D3 - problem?

OK. I will admit I don't know if this is a problem. I just bought a 5D3 yesterday, and when I pulled it out of the box last night, I noticed I could not turn the mode dial. Is this a problem? Or, is it designed that it won't turn if the camera is not turned on? I did not even put a battery in...
  4. timkbryant

Tele lens for football/soccer

OK. So I have a relatively limited budget. I'm looking at either a 300 or a 400 prime for shooting soccer and football. As much as I would love the f/2.8 IS version of either, they are considerably outside my price range. So my question is this: which would you recommend, oh more-experienced...
  5. timkbryant

AF question - 5D v. Rebel XS

First post. OK, I already have an idea of what the answer I'm going to get is, but... I currently have a Rebel XS, which I use in my job as a reporter. I am primarily a writer, and since I work for a small-town weekly, super high-quality photos are not critical. But I use it for (small town)...