Search results

1. polarhannes

Elinchrom Skyport Plus HS

Hello, Elinchrom announced their newest iteration of their Skyport system. http://elinchrom.com/announcements/Skyport-Plus-HS.html I wonder wether it can also trigger Speedlites? They also mention it has HSS features. It seems to be compatible with all of their flashes (if they were...
  2. polarhannes

200 f/2.0 vs 70-200 f/2.8 II

Hello everyone, I own the 70-200 II and I am mostly doing portraiture. Does someone here own both and can upload some sample shots (wide open)? The question is if the bokeh and sharpness really is that much better (of course it is, but is it worth the serious amount of cash? How much is the...
  3. polarhannes

Elinchrom - turn off single flash

Hello everyone, tl;dr: Is it possible to turn off one (or more) flash groups with the Elinchrom Skyport system while all other groups still fire? Long version: I do have multiple Canon 600 EX-RTs and the ST-E3-RT. Sometimes they just do not give me enough power when I want to light up a whole...
  4. polarhannes

Lastolite Hotrod Octa / Striplight softboxes - are they good?

Hello CR users, I'm looking for new softboxes to get more flexibility with my setup (4x 600EX-RT, already have some umbrellas and cheaper softboxes) Did anyone try the Lastolite Hotrod Octa 36" (90cm) softbox or maybe owns it? http://www.lastolite.us/hotrod-speed-lite-octa-box-36-new-llls2690...
  5. polarhannes

32 bit HDR Panorama script / automation

tl;dr? Here is a short version: Hi, I am looking for a way to automate the creation of 32 bit tiff HDRs so I can stitch them afterwards. I have Lightroom 5.2 and Photoshop CS6. It could be a command line tool as well (Linux-based would be ok as well). Any advice regarding LR and / or PS...
  6. polarhannes

Smartphone with IR-Diode - Remote trigger?

Hi, I recently got the new Galaxy S4 which features an infrared diode. As other new smartphones come along with IR diodes I was wondering if somebody knows an application which would turn these IR diodes into a remote trigger for our beloved cameras? I tried 'DSLR Remote' which makes use of...
  7. polarhannes

[advice] My last tripod

Hello CR, I am quite satisfied with my current gear (5D3, several L's) but I am lacking a good tripod. I used my father's old tripod for a long time because of sentimental reasons (I mean, it's my father's tripod!). However, I have a feeling it is about time to upgrade. Budget is not really an...
  8. polarhannes

USB Dock of Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM

Hi, I read that the new Sigma Art-Line 35mm F1.4 DG HSM is delivered with a software which would allow to setup the AF similar to AFMA - how does this exactly work? Is it better / worse compared to just using the camera's AFMA? Does that USB dock software for the Sigma work with softwares like...
  9. polarhannes

24-70 2.8 or 24-70 4.0 IS ?

Hi, I am intending to buy a new 24-70 so I was wondering if the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM has a better IQ than the EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM ? I would pair it with a 5D3. I saw some very good reviews of the 2.8 II, but the 4 stop IS of the 4.0 sounds tempting... I'd be glad to hear your opinions...
  10. polarhannes

Help on interpreting FoCal results

Hi, I just tried Reikan FoCal with some of my lenses and I am unsure on how to interpret the results. To me it seems like my 5D3 has issues in general (meaning if I focus on a matchstick it is OOF as it focusses a little bit in direction of the camera, if I get it right?). The last column shows...
  11. polarhannes

5D3 AF Guide - slightly wrong information

Hi, this is my first post so please forgive me if I posted in the wrong section or if I did anything else wrong. I just googled "5d mark iii instantly recalled af point" and google came up with...