Search results

1. Q

600ex rt for analoge photography

Hi. I have a question about how to use the 600ex rt for analoge photography. I have tried to read the manual, but I am a bit confused. What I have done so far on my Mamiya RZ 67 pro ii is to trigger the flashes With the PW Plus X, and I lightmeter it With my Sekonic 758 Cine With the PW chip...
  2. Q

Pocket Wizard PlusX and 600ex-rt

If anyone could please advice me on this. I set up a shoot in my home studio with a Mamiya RZ67 Pro ii, PW PlusX and 600's. (I hoped for a long time that I would be able to use my st-e3, but alas...). I was adviced to buy the PW PlusX and they worked well. My set up was the following: Three...
  3. Q

ST-E3 and Canon A-1

I am just about to buy what seems to be a good copy (buying it from a person who bought it new) of the Canon A-1. This because I would like to explore film. I have a question: Is it possible for me to run the st-e3 with it (given the cameras limitation of 1/60 sync speed) and my 600s? I will...
  4. Q

ISO 160 vs. 100

I think it was in the Jeff Cable review (reviews are pouring out now) of the 7DII where he made claims that ISO 160 on Canon cameras are better than ISO 100. I find this strange. Guided by earlier discussions on this forum I was led to believe that ISO 100 is the lowest (most clean) natural...
  5. Q

What card(s) will you use for the 7DII?

I will only use the camera for stills. Will you both have a CF and a SD card, and if so which are you planning to use. I have several CF cards for my 1Dx, but I would like dedicated cards for the new 7DII. G.
  6. Q

Is this dangerous when using the 600ex rt´s?

I have a couple of questions: 1) When using three 600 and a st-e3 for a shoot a week ago, I happened to bump into on of the two buttons down to the right (left when viewed from front) on the 1Dx, and it gave me a strobistic preview light. Brilliant to have this feature I thought, until a friend...
  7. Q

Speedlites - How many are enough?

Yeah, a question with no definite answer, but yet.... I have now sold two of my studio strobes (elinchrom), and am about to sell the other two I have. What I have left is my three 600ex rt and a st-e3. I am thinking about aquiring another three speedlites, to allow me the flexibility of having...
  8. Q

Question for Reikan Focal Pro users

I have a couple of questions regarding the Reikan Focal Pro. When callibrating on my 1Dx, is it possible to have two values programmed for a non-zoom lens? When I have callibrated my 135L with the focus limiter on 1.6 meters it gives me a AFMA of +5, but when I callibrate it on the .9 meter, it...
  9. Q

Mea Culpa! - The World Cup in Brazil

I feel this morning that it is time for confessions....! Despite the time I use in this forum reading and commenting on the different lenses and bodies, I was not able to pay attention to the bodies and lenses used by the photographers on the sideline during the match between Brasil and...
  10. Q

Late to the party, but still have questions about the 1Dx

I am starting this thread where I can pose my ignorant questions regarding the 1Dx, and where some of you might take pity on me and help :) I have a question for experienced 1Dx owner. I am looking in the manual on p. 350 and can´t find the answer I am looking for. I want to program one of the...
  11. Q

Spot to take pictures of skyscrapers in NY in the dark

On Valentineday I gave my wife and I a short four-night trip to NY in April (we never had a honeymoon trip), and I want to take a picture of the magnificent skyscrapers of New York in the dark. Preferably a high vantage point so I can get as much of the city as possible. I will be shooting...
  12. Q

Getty Images back-up gear for the Sochi olympics

Only one non-L, and a bit surprised that they have two 200/1.8 (not that they are not great!) http://petapixel.com/2014/02/06/getty-images-sports-photographer-robert-cianflone-reporting-sochi/
  13. Q

Changes in jpg - will it move people away from RAW?

http://petapixel.com/2014/01/22/jpeg-standard-gets-boost-will-support-12-bit-color-depth-lossless-compression/#more-128749
  14. Q

Perspective warp - Adobe Photoshop Updates 16/1-2014

While I did, and still hate the idea of Creative Cloud and what I perceive to be a monopolistic stronghold on a market, I do like the perspective warp update. I have the Photoshop CS 6. It is like using the Liquify tool and being able to just work on certain parts of the picture, unlike the...
  15. Q

Tilt shift for dummies

Hi. I wondered if anyone of you had any good tips for how to use tilt shift in all its glory? It should be really introductory (fine if it goes much more advanced to, as long as the lower buildingblocks are present). I tried to go to wikipedia to learn about the Scheimpflug principle, but that...
  16. Q

Long exposure photography

I am just getting ready to start my journey into long exposure photography. Having just dabbled in long exposures with some screw on filters (NDs, and some vari-NDs), I am now taking the leap with the Lee system. From my wife I am getting the Lee starter kit (with a .6 hard grad ND, and a .6...
  17. Q

Tronix Explorer XTSE - any experiences

After a bit of thought I ended up with a pair of Elinchrom BXri 500 (instead of the older Bowens 500 and 250ws that I posted about a couple of weeks ago). I am starting to inform myself about possibilities of on-location opportunities, thus battery packs. I have found one that looks promising -...
  18. Q

Pinhole Photography

I put this under lenses talk (proper, i don't know...?). I would love for this thread to be a place where people can share their tips, experiences and questions about pinhole photography. I have a few questions: I have seen several wesites that sell pre-drilled Canon caps for pinhole...
  19. Q

Bowens Prolite 82 and 41 for approx 430 USD. Should i go for it?

It comes with umbrellas and softboxes.. I have never used Bowens. They are in mint condition. Do you think I should go for it? Thank you for your time, G.
  20. Q

Photozone spanks the 24-70 F4 USM L IS

http://www.photozone.de/canon_eos_ff/798-canon2470f4