Search results

1. sandymandy

APS-C 60mm or 100mm macro lens?

Hi, im not sure if to buy the ef-s 60mm for my APS-C or the EF 100mm. pro thing would be that i could use the 100mm on a FF camera too. contra perhaps that 100mm on APS-C is really shaky. but i wanna use a monopod anyway. price wise they are not so much different. so which one should i go...
  2. sandymandy

Can a (DSLR) flash cause permanent eye damage?

Hi, out of curiosity and since i just remembered as a kid i accidently fired off my compact camera flash directly in front of my eyes ( ::) ) im wondering if permanent eye damage is possible with my inbuilt 1100D camera flash for example. Some external flashes are able to burn plastic bags as...
  3. sandymandy

1100D bug or not?

Ive noticed a lot of times already when i half press the shutter, then change my iso and change my aperture via the wheel that it doesnt update on the back of the screen. I gotta half press the shutter again. I can look at the display and turn the wheel like mad but it will stay at 1.8 for...
  4. sandymandy

Thailand (Bangkok) 120 film

Hi there, im gonna shoot 120 film (6x6) in Thailand in some weeks just for fun. Gonna use Kodak Portra and Tri-x. Does anybody of yall know a good place for getting the film developed? Preferably a place that offers good quality and not just cheap prices. Maybe even some private people on this...
  5. sandymandy

Seagull 6x6 Shutter problem (?)

hi, i noticed when using my seagull 6x6 that as long as i press the shutter button the shutter will stay open. its no problem for slower shutter times since i will press down the shutter and take away my finger fast enough. When using faster shutter speeds im not sure anymore if i perhaps kept...
  6. sandymandy

Buying Yongnuo Flash

Hi, i decided to get a flash finally. Id prefer to get a wide aperture lens for low light shooting but thats just too pricy for me and i think a flash is handy anyway not only for low light situations. Im gonna get the Yongnuo 468 II E-TTL version. Its kinda cheap and i think it will suit my...
  7. sandymandy

Mini Tripod?

Hi, im wanna get a small tripod for my camera perhaps something with flexible legs, perhaps not. Im undecided. I sure want that its really stable and has good build quality and hopefully not cheap plastic. I mean such tripod that u can put e.g. on the table. Ive heard much about the...
  8. sandymandy

1100D changing focus screen!

Hi, im mostly using manual focus lenses so i wanna change the viewfinder of my 1100D with a split prism manual focussing screen. Anybody got experience with this? So far ive read 1100D doesnt officially support this but i can find plenty manual focus screens on ebay? Do i lose the red AF...
  9. sandymandy

Need your Samyang/Rokinon/Bower/Walimex 35mm 1.4 experiences!

Hi there, im seriously considering getting the Samyang/Rokinon/Walimex 35mm 1.4 lens since the Canon L lenses are too pricy for me yet i still want really good image quality. Greedy me... Anyway what are your experiences with the Samyang 35mm 1.4 without using live view! I plan to use it...
  10. sandymandy

Bauer flash question

Hi, somewhere along the lines of my interest into yongnuo flashes i somewhat happened to get an old Bauer flash for free! Its the model 5028 servo. Im just not sure if i can use it with my eos system or if its gonna fry it up cuz of electrical differences. Any experiences?
  11. sandymandy

Yongnuo Flashes

Hi, are Yongnuo Flashes worth their money? Theyre really cheap around 70$ for a "power 58" flash. No idea what its called correctly called in engrish. Also, could i just get ANY flash on my eos 1100D body and then use that one as some kind of "transmitter" to set off an external flash? Or how...
  12. sandymandy

Zeiss Flektogon 2.8 m42 Need Help!

Hi, recently i got a Zeiss Flektogon 2.8 "Zebra" version, m42 Mount /w adapter on my eos 1100D. http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6188/6071754657_6531f96493_z.jpg Im really happy with this lense, i got it for cheap and on my APS-C the field of view is quite standard. I just got one problem and if...
  13. sandymandy

M42 Lenses

Hi there, i can get some used m42 lenses for cheap and i wanna use them with my eos 1100D. Ive seen some adpaters but im a bit worried if they gonna scratch my camera mirror or some other bad stuff might happen. Any good m42 to eos adapters you people can recommend? Ive seen some with AF...
  14. sandymandy

My photos look so dull

Hi, well im regularly browsing around several websites checking out portraits cuz thats what i like to shoot too. Usually i come across pictures where i just think they look so good because the photo just looks so "fully lighted". Feeling a bit retarded at the moment but i will still try to...
  15. sandymandy

50mm 1.2L + 24mm 1.4L on crop body?

Hi there, sorry for opening up another thread about the 50mm 1.2L. I searched around a little and didnt find the answer i was looking for. I got a Rebel body cuz my philosophy always was that one day i will go full frame anyway so i better buy good lenses first, body second. I bought the 1100D...
  16. sandymandy

So..what sucks about this shot?

Hi, id like to get some critique whats crappy and whats maybe not so crappy about my photo. Id also especially like to know if its over exposed or sth, since i dont got a good PC screen for digital image processing. Im in week 4 now of doing photography ever in my life :3