Search results

1. PKinDenmark

Next step in tele - difficult decision - especially now in between EF and RF.

Need some experienced input to my decision-making regarding my plan to upgrade my tele-lens. Currently I am on a Canon 6D Mk II and a Tamron 150-600mm 1.G. Mostly used for wildlife - e.g. birds of prey in flight and Kingfishers. I am looking for faster, sharper, better focusing - I often find...
  2. PKinDenmark

Architectural Contrasts - with 24mm TS/E and 6D

Went out to look for contrasting architecture. Using 6D with Canon 24mm TS/E II, I got the following two, that I want to share here. Location: Central Copenhagen, Denmark. Both are using only the shift (not the tilt) capability of this great lens. Both covers same subject matter: An old...
  3. PKinDenmark

Micro / Macro food photography. Comments and your help to pick the best

Dear CR I am currently making a number of photos for a small competition with the theme: 'Macro Food Photography' This is for me quite an unusual combination as food-photography usually shows more of a full dish / a meal and maybe some environment in the background as well. I have worked...
  4. PKinDenmark

Family portrait - my first assignment - advice and comments, please

My first 'assignment' was to make portraits of a friend with his family. I would like to learn as much as possible from this. So I turn to you here at CR for advice / comments / critique (asking for true opinion, please). I am quite well satisfied with the results (as a first formal...
  5. PKinDenmark

Canon 24 mm Tilt/Shift - and very still LIFE

Working on a competition-assignment with the theme 'LIFE' (a very wide subject, I think), I made the picture below. Representing various types of life - none of them in the fast lane. Any comments much appreciated. Doing so I enjoyed playing with the tilt-function of the Canon 24 mm TS/E...
  6. PKinDenmark

Abstract - 'Behind Motion'

Location: Copenhagen, a bicycling-friendly city in May. In front of me a cyclist. Behind I am myself on my bike getting blurry pictures with motion blur as well as camera shake. All this ended up almost abstract. I would appreciate your comments. Canon 450D, with 24-105mm at 65mm Exposure...
  7. PKinDenmark

So ready for a move up from 450D - But how big? 5DMIII / 6D or ..? Edit: DONE !!

My first new topic here. I hope for some experienced advice based on my situation. I am an all-round enthusiastic hobby photographer - doing people, landscape, still-life, animals (many small birds, very little BIF), music, architecture, travel, enter competitions now and then, etc...