Search results

1. jeremypark

Interview: Canon execs talk EOS RP with Imaging Resource

Would be nice to see a professional level camera incorporating some of these features. Unfortunately this new system is not up to pro use. Trialing the R system recently the body felt cheap and the EV very contrasty and harsh to look through. I couldn't use it for commissioned shoots. I am...
  2. jeremypark

Canon Announces the Cinema EOS C100 Mark II

As a c100 owner I feel the best part of the update seems to be the firmware update we all wanted on our existing c100's with added 60p. The AF face detection would also be handy for those of us who've paid for the dual pixel unlocking. Otherwise the camera seems very similar with the much need...
  3. jeremypark

seeimpossible.usa.canon.com?

Announcement reminds me of the sensor they announced in development last year that could shoot in 0.01 lux... They had a video of firefly's shot in near pitch black. So perhaps a new camera great in low light?
  4. jeremypark

Canon's Fiscal Year 2013 Financial Results Released

what is interesting is that the new technology in the 70D and the overall great video and high MP features in the 5D3, are providing the growth areas.... seems like an acknowledgement to expanding premier video and high MP cameras which is good for my needs... albeit that they are slow to...
  5. jeremypark

Deal: EOS 5D Mark III $2549

There seems to be a bit of discounting around on the 5d3... any gut feeling this might be a precursor to a replacement?
  6. jeremypark

600EX-RT: Viability as a remote shutter release?

As the other poster says, without knowing the set up ( studio, outdoors, remote control helicopter) it's hard to give specific advice. Here's some ideas that might help ? Using flash to fire the camera could be done using a optical slave attached the remote trigger port. I use pocket wizards...
  7. jeremypark

New high resolution camera

8. jeremypark

New EOS-1 in 2014 [CR1]

"Landscape photographers, those shooting billboards, some select studio work and enthusiast that just have to have it." wrong. Not sure why landscape photographers need any more detail than anyone else? Do you assume detail in grass and clouds are more important than detail in skin, clothes...
  9. jeremypark

New high resolution camera

I think a high MP DSLR canon camera with phase detection would be well received and popular. There are a lot of photographers like myself using medium format less and less in commercial shoots due to the changing nature of advertising, editorial and commercial shoots. Budget and format...
  10. jeremypark

street portraits

a few more...
  11. jeremypark

Bikini girl in my studio with my first scenic bacground

I would look to the hard shadows in an otherwise cleanly lit image which stand out for me. Under the arm pit and chin. Perhaps a general fill bounced off a wall behind you to take out these black holes?
  12. jeremypark

miniature village

a few more...
  13. jeremypark

miniature village

I wanted to share these shots mostly shots on a canon 50mm f1.2. I found shooting from either directly right above or from the side best with an open aperture the best way to bring life to these abandoned dolls. These shots were taken at a miniature village I stumbled upon north of Sydney. The...
  14. jeremypark

street portraits

we set up a black pop up reflector and ring flash off camera on a street corner in Sydney. Stopping the more interesting people for 5 or so shots, trying to find the most interesting feature to bring out of them. I put some on my website http://www.jeremypark.com.au if you're interested.