Search results

1. Birger.Niss

Very nice tutorial on stabilizing and grading Canon DSLR video footage

Hi all, I'm a complete newbie with DSLR video, so I really enjoyed this tutorial on stabilizing and grading Canon 5DIII footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlP41WB4Hok&t=5s Hope you agree:-) Birger
  2. Birger.Niss

Canon 5D IV GPS questions

Hi all, Two findings: 1. Just returned from New York with my newly acquired 5D IV - which I am extremely content with - I find that the geo tagging on photos from Manhatten is often way off (several blocks). I assume that it is attributed to reduced number of satellites in view, but I didn't...
  3. Birger.Niss

GPS GP-E2 on 5DIII

Esteemed co-spirits I'm in Japan right now and have bought the GP-E2 for geotacking my photos. It works like a dream BUT it takes a LONG time (around one second) to take a picture, and I fear that the actual picture is taken at the end of the period, so its quite impossible to time it...
  4. Birger.Niss

WFT-E7

Hi learned friends, I recently bought the WFT-E7 to use with my 5DIII. I'm an old man, so lying down in the dirt to get a special angle is not really an option. I therefore thought that I could use the WFTServer mode to do a remote shooting via a browser. My setup is as follows: I use my iPhone...
  5. Birger.Niss

Disappointed with 50 f/1.2 sharpness @ f/1.2

Learned friends, One week ago I bought the Canon 50 mm f/1.2 for my new 5D Mark III, specifically for the very shallow DOF at f/1.2. I am however disappointed with the sharpness of the lens at f/1.2. At f/2.8 its excellent. I enclose two 100 % crops showing some text at f/1.2 and at f/2.8. The...
  6. Birger.Niss

New Canon 5D Mark III

This is my first post on CR. I have been following all you brilliant guys/gals for some time now. Since 2006 I have been using my 350D, but yesterday I went crazy and bought the 5D3 I've been yearning for for sometimes now, to a large extent inspired by your posts. With the body I bought the...