Search results

1. E

Tamron to Announce New 17-35mm f/2.8-4 Di OSD Soon

I’m just speculating, but it probably falls off the moment you zoom to 17.5mm. If it maintains 2.8 @ 20mm I’ll be surprised.
  2. E

Fake: Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III and It Shoots 4K

Re: Leaked: Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III and It Shoots 4K Looks bogus to me. Certainly hope I'm wrong.
  3. E

Sigma 85 looks better in corners

Well, the Canon 35L II is clearly better than the Sigma 35A and the 6 year old 24-70L II is still sharper than the new Sigma 24-70A (which has been somewhat of a disappointment). Was obvious Canon clearly felt they needed to best the 35A when they later introduced the 35L II, so it stands to...
  4. E

Deal: Sigma's Black Friday Deals Start Today

I had the Sigma 35mm Art. Great image quality and better than the Canon 35L mk . At least going by all the reviews. I never tried the Canon mk 1. But the Sigma's AF was bad. Slow and often poor in low light. It's got the worst AF of all the FF Art lenses, which I guess isn't a huge surprise...
  5. E

Tamron 45mm 1.8 Canon 5d Mark IV

I can confirm this same problem also exists on the Tamron 85mm 1.8 VC.
  6. E

Pricing in USD of the New Canon Gear

I'm sure this thing is going to be sharp with great bokeh. Only thing I'm curious about is how much better the CA is than the 85 Art, especially because it doesn't have the BR coating.
  7. E

Pricing in USD of the New Canon Gear

Pretty shocked by the price of the 85mm. It's cheaper than the original MSRP of the 35 II by $200, IIRC. There's gonna be a slew of 85 1.2s on the used market.
  8. E

Specifications & Images of the Upcoming Canon Lenses

For anyone thinking this is going to be priced lower than that 85 1.2, that's wishful thinking. This is groundbreaking stuff. First lens with a 1.4 aperture to have IS. It's going to be really good and really expensive. No BR coating, but I'll assume there's no way Canon would put this lens...
  9. E

Patent: Canon 18-105mm f/4-5.6 With Built-in Telconverter, But With a Twist.

This sounds pretty nice, but most likely it's going to be for crop. 18-105 just doesn't sound like a FF zoom range.
  10. E

EOS 5D Mark IV When will we see a Price Drop?

Took it upon myself to get a price drop, so I bought grey market for $2750. Very happy.
  11. E

Comparison: Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 VC G2 & Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II

Re: Comparison: Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 VC G2 & Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II Tony Northrup says the new Tamron has even more severe focus breathing problems at 200mm than the previous version. Says he won't even bother with a full review on it because of this. Says the MK 1 seemed like it was at...
  12. E

Review: Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II by TDP

No, it's not, but I believe the original version retailed for about the same price upon introduction. The "street price" of the original dropped dramatically because of all the bundles it was put in with the 5D IIs and IIIs. The same thing will happen over the next several years for the same...
  13. E

Review: Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II by TDP

This is no surprise. Just like the new 50mm 1.8 STM, there really wasn't much of an image quality/sharpness improvement over the old one. The new 50mm just has better build quality and more aperture blades. Looks like the new 24-105 simply has the modernized IS system. It's basically a kit...
  14. E

LensTip tests the brand new Sigma 85mm f/1.4 Art - sharpest lens ever :-)

The Petapixel test did a comparison between the Sigma 85 Art, the Canon 1.8 & 1.2, the Nikon 1.4, Samyang T1.5, Tamron 1.8 and Sony 1.4. I really thought they should've put the old Sigma 85 in instead of the Samyang. Just judging from the pics Nikon was the sharpest wide open. At 1.8 the Nikon...
  15. E

Another Mention of a New EF 70-200mm Lens [CR2]

At 70mm, yes the F4 is slightly sharper. Starting zooming in and the F2.8 II becomes sharper.
  16. E

Which Canon lens is most in need of updating.

All the 50mm (except the 1.8 STM) and 85mm lenses could use some updating. The 300 F4 and 400 F5.6 I think are in the most need of updating, but I doubt it happens. The 400 F5.6 needs IS, but adding it likely increases size and weight, and by then Canon probably figures most people would just...
  17. E

Lenses that you want Canon to release next

You realize that the 70-200 F4 IS L is already bigger than an unzoomed 70-300 L, right? A 40-200 F4 IS would be a good amount bigger than that. That's something that's just unlikely to happen.
  18. E

Which 70-200 should I buy - or should I wait?

I don't think the 70-200 II is going to be updated anytime soon. It was introduced in 2010. I don't see it being refreshed until 2020 at the earliest. The 70-200 II is pretty much hailed as being a more or less flawless product with very little to complain about. It's just the size/weight and...
  19. E

Which Canon lens is most in need of updating.

The 300mm f4 L needs an update. The 70-300 L has better center sharpness.
  20. E

Canon Announces EF 16-35 f/2.8L III & EF 24-105 f/4L IS II

Not that I'll be buying this (happy with my 16-35 f/4) but the Canon III will be smaller, lighter and less cumbersome to carry around than the Tamron and will also be able to take on front filters. The 24-105 not being a huge jump in optical quality is pretty much expected. Recall the new 50mm...