Search results

1. J

Cruise Liner send off in style.

Voyager of the Seas arrived this morning (a little late), tis the season for cruising. This time taken with my Canon 6d/ Samyang 14mm and tripod!
  2. J

Thank you Don, I quote you all the time "the best camera is the one in your hand".
  3. J

Thank you Click.
  4. J

Thank you Graham, This is just under the Sydney Harbour Bridge and there a many bollards to choose from, they are not all the same on the top. I swim every morning at a pool under the Bridge and take my camera with me just in case. Cheers, John
  5. J

Queen Mary 2 quietly enters Sydney at Harbour 5:30am today. Hand held on a boldard 0.8s f4.0 iso640 with my point and click SonyRX100 (sorry, this is my walkabout camera, I had left my 6D at home).
  6. J

6D owners, are you upgrading?

No, nothing added that I want or need. And things I want are not offered on the 6DII. Besides, my 6D exceeds my creative capabilities.
  7. J

Post photos of other photographers in action

Intel drones at 2016 Sydney Vivid light festival. Phone cameras ruled the night.
  8. J

Is it flare, internal reflections or a ghost

Thanks, love the photo.
  9. J

Met a young chap, DJ, who was taking photos of the bridge early this morning. He had just purchased the same camera as mine. I asked him if he was getting internal reflections, explained why etc. and he was not. Even composed same photo and could not reproduce the internal reflections. SO I...
  10. J

Thank you all. I tried several lens/camera/exposure combinations this morning and found only my most expensive 24-105 Canon L lens produced this problem and only when I have (relatively) bright light in the subject. Most disappointed that the lens does not manage the internal reflections...
  11. J

Mr Spokane Photography - two examples one is with 6D from another angle and other with 40D similar position. Note these are not long exposures (10-15sec) so no star trails etc.
  12. J

Thank you Arjay and AUGS. Noted user error.
  13. J

Thanks Arjay, that makes sense. How does one fix this problem? Apart from not pointing lens at bright lights. Is it a fault with the camera/lens or the user (me) or both?
  14. J

No filter just a hood.
  15. J

I have a new camera and new lens photographing an old subject matter. Since the new camera+lens (Canon 6D and Canon 24-105 f4 L) I have been getting a green ghost image(s). Does anyone know what this is and how to avoid it? It looks like internal reflections of the really bright lights on the...