Search results

1. B

Patent: Canon RF 100-600mm f/8-11 IS STM optical formula

the 100-500 is a pretty pricey lens - FANTASTIC imaging, etc. This has to be a pretty low cost lents. Of course I would like the laws of physics to be broken w/ faster, lighter, less expensive, but so far the only laws I can break or the laws of man.
  2. B

New Canon 600mm f/4 Design Uses Spotting Scope Trick

I find my CF varizoom crows foot mono pod to be a net strength/maneuverability advantage. Either shooting from simgle or slow walk locations taking all the load off is darn handy. The friction settings on all the moving parts keep the swings under control when this birds come blasting past...
  3. B

I have been shooting BIF with a friend who has a sony a1 and pretty much an unlimited budget... He gave me the heads up on the red dot sight for bif. We where both chuckling that canon has a $1000 f11 800. And the next step is $20000 for f 5.6. 2 stops is $19000. If the nikon 600 6.3 is...
  4. B

I would think the camera body engineers (software & electronic) are largerly different group than the lens engineers (optics) with the sensor enginners having to have both. The mechanical group are now focused ( pun) on stabilization of the system... probably a restask of the shutter folks...
  5. B

Canon RF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM and Canon RF 1200mm f/8L IS USM coming soon?

I have a copy of the $300 1200mm f10 russian cat lens. Weighs alot, has the diameter of a volley ball. f8 hmmm. It wasnt a total wast of $300 but close. Makes a good soft portrait lens at 50 yards :)
  6. B

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R5 C

8k on a budget? What are you doing post processing on? Simple clip editing would take a pretty stout computer. Color grading etc omg x 20
  7. B

A new EOS R system camera is coming in January [CR2]

Either a limited feature low cost model or the polar opposite. R1 uber eveything and big $$$
  8. B

The Canon EOS R5c is coming in Q1 2022 [CR3]

Love it. I ponder what production values are attainable for such a machine/price point compared to 5 years ago. :)
  9. B

Huh? Mechanical shutter fps? The incremental cost of the extra frams at 20 fos is effectively -0-. Why slow it down?What would be the purpose if having the evf on all the time or longer?
  10. B

Thaat is my question m, where do you want the heat sink?
  11. B

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R3

Might integrate the eye sensor(s) might not have that large an EVF?
  12. B

Quad-Pixel AF and a global shutter coming in 2021?

What is the difference of 8k w/ global shutter at 30 or 60 fps than 10:2:2 vs. a jpg?
  13. B

Has Canon developed a new 21mp sensor for the Canon EOS R system? [CR1]

Could the R1 be the top of line of the convergence of stills to video - 120 fps is a common desire for 2k, 4k and now 6k. 120fps is in line w/ top of line functions. I would also expect some serious WIFI/LAN ability to offload files quickly. Thinking this is for the Olympics, and image...
  14. B

The Canon EOS ‘R5s’ may be in the hands of testers [CR2]

IBIS but at a completely different level of precision? Diffraction becomes an issue - perhaps software like they have in the cool NCIS shows :). IBIS might be applied ON the tripod vs. mirror lock up, remote shutter release, etc, etc. RE: low light - different NR approach,
  15. B

Canon EOS RS Specifications? [CR1]

Other than resolution multiply by 60% and I am $3000 lighter
  16. B

Canon EOS RS Specifications? [CR1]

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!
  17. B

Patent: Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L USM

Roughlt the same as the 300 2,8
  18. B

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

So for sports... why wouldn't you just shoot 5.4k at 60p? Rolling shutter typically isn't an issue for most human sports. Also have to admit a 20mp sensor leaves a bit to the competitors. Hope the "pro" R is a resolution monster than can use the resolution of the current lens offerings.
  19. B

Industry News: Sigma fp to begin shipping on October 25, 2019

It has 4k, and 18 fps. Didnt see max shutter speed. Makes for high speed flash shots being all electronic an interesting thing to reaearch.
  20. B

Canon EOS R “One YEAR Later” REVIEW…does it hold up?

I agree with perplexing. Unit volume is going to be a real sticky problem. The real interesting mega glass for the R is a decent bet - coming out with identical f number focal lengths a bit smaller doesn't lend itself to be lens sales, just adapter sales, and only 1 of those per camera...