Search results

1. M

Fixed lens “Retro” camera coming from Canon?

Thanks, I'll give it a go! I've tried it before but wasn't really pleased with the results but I will spend some more time with it. That said I still think Canon (with waaaay more colorist knowledge than most end users) should put something really eye-pleasing and retro together for such a...
  2. M

JPEG for this type of camera
  3. M

If Canon is releasing this then I hope they are working on their color character. The Canon color signature has been quite dull (but probably technically accurate) lately. One of the main reasons the Fujifilm is selling so well in the retro-department is its glorious film simulations and...
  4. M

Lenses with smooth/soft contrast

After trying some of the RF lenses I have noticed that the contrast is WAY way to high for my taste. In this case the RF 50/1.8. Blacks are almost completely crushed and highlights are too hot. I understand that the purpose is to have ready JPEGs but it really makes them look harsh and...
  5. M

Canon EOS R5 Mark II to up 8K framerate [CR2]

Why not both. One aimed at stills and one hybrid. That said I hope Canon goes for 60 and spend a frikkin fortune on the CFA and resist the temptation to deliver clean images at ISO 5 million. I want those old color and hues from the 1Ds MarkIII. Give me a daylight camera :-)
  6. M

Report: The next EOS R camera is reported to be undergoing field testing [CR1]

This one is going to be expeeeeensive!
  7. M

Here are the full Canon EOS RP specifications

CR mentions that it will be announced tonight. I thought it was tomorrow? Or is it a midnight thing?
  8. M

Canon EOS RP body price confirmed at $1299 USD, and we’re very happy about it

This thing is going to sell like craaaazy...and the needed migration to RF is guaranteed. Smart move Canon!
  9. M

Canon releases firmware v1.1.0 for the EOS R and it’s disappointing

Holy crap that is something!
  10. M

Canon EOS RP Specifications [CR1]

Go nuts :-) Just preparing you for a potential disappointment, that's all
  11. M

Canon EOS RP Specifications [CR1]

Just a week before the official release, CR2 rumour of EOS R listed this for $1990. - EOS R body •28MP full frame sensor •Dual Pixel Auto Focus •IBIS (In Body Image Stabilisation) •10fps shooting •4k@30fps •1080p@60fps Just sayin...
  12. M

Another Canon EOS R series body mentioned [CR2]

This is the pro model and Canon has more or less mentioned that it is in the making.
  13. M

Another Canon EOS R series body mentioned [CR2]

get another one...
  14. M

Patent: Canon RF 28-70mm f/2.2-f/2.8

2.0 yes. I was referring to the patent of a 28-70/2.2-2.8
  15. M

right, but my point was the 28mm at the wide end and how far one is willing to go to sacrifice the conventional 24mm
  16. M

OK, I don't see the point of the patent for the reasons I wrote…
  17. M

I'm sorry but I don't see the point of this lens. 28-70 is a comprimise on the wide end, but if you get 2.0 all the way through then I think many can live with that. I mean...that lens is sexy. But 2.2 - 2.8? Nah... then I would prefer 24mm wide and 2.8
  18. M

Canon to use a Sony image sensor in an upcoming APS-C ILC body? [CR1]

I see this as plausible. It is in the midrange that the market is whining about DR, 4K video and IBIS. Not that Pros wouldn´t need it but we are not chasing specs like that. If Sony has a great sensor on the shelves and Canon can guarantee a certain volume, I am sure they´ll get a good offer and...
  19. M

APS-C Canon EOS R body likely [CR2]

18-50/1.8