Search results

1. M

Camera Standard profile for EOS RP in Lightroom Classic

A few days ago Adobe updated Lightroom Classic to support RAW files from the EOS RP. I was happy about this update, but I noticed the only profiles available are the Adobe profiles (Adobe Standard, Adobe Color, Adobe Vivid, etc.). No Camera Standard profile, which is what I prefer to use. Has...
  2. M

Wired remote shutter release

Are the Canon brand remotes worth the much higher cost? I had a Vello RS-C2II remote fail me when I was trying to shoot long exposures of waterfalls. It worked fine at the first waterfall, then stopped working. The rest of the day I had to use the timer on the camera to give it time to settle...
  3. M

Are Photorama shows any good?

A Photorama USA camera show will be in my area (suburban Chicago) tomorrow. They have camera shows across the US. Is it worth attending? Judging from the photos on their site, it looks like the dealers mostly have film gear. I'd be looking EF lenses or lighting gear. Just trying to find out...
  4. M

Broke my 16-35mm f/4L IS

I dropped a lens for the first time ever last weekend, and the lens did not come away unscathed. I dropped my EF 16-35mm f/4L IS lens about a foot onto a metal stool. It bounced off and fell another eight inches onto carpet. It was only 3 weeks old. I put the lens onto a body and everything...
  5. M

Case for Tamron 150-600mm

I'm looking for a lens case that will fit the new Tamron 150-600mm with the tripod collar mounted and the hood reversed. B&H's website recommends the Lowepro 13x32cm LP36307, which has interior dimensions of 5.1x5.1x12.6 inches. However, my tape measure says the lens measures 11" long and...